iPod touch selling like hotcakes
Oct 4, 2007 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115

stan11003

100+ Head-Fier
I tried ordering a touch from Amazon. Amazon has changed the estimate delivery twice so far. Supposedly it will take 2 weeks to get a touch, even with a pre-order. That demand for this 16GB mp3 player is higher than supply.

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 115
I like mine! I think it is a nice machine that will only get better. Very nice UI (user interface)! Once you start using it there is no going back. I also think the sound is among the best I've heard for an IPod.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like mine! I think it is a nice machine that will only get better. Very nice UI (user interface)! Once you start using it there is no going back. I also think the sound is among the best I've heard for an IPod.

X2!!!!

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by stan11003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried ordering a touch from Amazon. Amazon has changed the estimate delivery twice so far. Supposedly it will take 2 weeks to get a touch, even with a pre-order. That demand for this 16GB mp3 player is higher than supply.

Hav you tried Best Buy or any of the Apple stores?

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sold out,, I aksed the girl at the apple store when she would get more and she got snippy
blink.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by stan11003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sold out,, I aksed the girl at the apple store when she would get more and she got snippy
blink.gif

What about Best Buy? I got mine from there, and they have a great return policy - 30 days, no questions asked, no restocking. Have you tried their website- check store availability. Still some in the Bay Area. Good luck!
icon10.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 115
I dont understand, why is everyone so obsessed with touchscreen? The technology is SO old yet it is now revived like 70s fashion.

The iTouch is as expensive as hell and only goes up to 16GB. Video codec support is so poor that it's better NOT to put videos on it. Apple turned technological gadgets into fashion, and it's a geek's worst nightmare.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #8 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont understand, why is everyone so obsessed with touchscreen? The technology is SO old yet it is now revived like 70s fashion.

The iTouch is as expensive as hell and only goes up to 16GB. Video codec support is so poor that it's better NOT to put videos on it. Apple turned technological gadgets into fashion, and it's a geek's worst nightmare.

I can address this. The reason touchscreen is becoming all the rage now is because Apple did it right. They didn't piss around, they didn't half-ass it, they just went and did it right. The Touch is easy to use, snazzy, and has a big screen. What's not to like?

I'm no fanboy of anything and I prefer small gadgets, but I can easily see an iPhone in my future, if only AT&T didn't have the exclusive.

I'm totally with you on 70's fashion making a revival - I'm old enough to remember tights under skirts when they first came out, and I can't help disliking them because of that, but toushcreen hasn't been done right until now.

Video codec support is poor but you have to re-encode for portable devices anyway - most players would choke on high-res, high-bitrate files. I even have to re-encode for my phone, which plays Divx.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 115
Maybe you guys should try Radioshack. I know it's not the best place to buy Apple products but I managed to pick up my 8gb Nano 2 days after release from Radioshack with a 3 year warrenty and a $10 discount.

BTW, how well do hotcakes sell now-a-days?

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #10 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Larson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
, but toushcreen hasn't been done right until now.

Video codec support is poor but you have to re-encode for portable devices anyway - most players would choke on high-res, high-bitrate files. I even have to re-encode for my phone, which plays Divx.

The Archos series has been doing large touch screens for some time before the iPod Touch and have been doing it very well. They also have the option of Wi-Fi. The only real drawback is the considerable bulk when compared to the touch. Even, considering that out of the box video codec support for the Archos series is kinda weak, you can get additional codec support on the website. The only real reason that I would have a desire to buy the Touch over my Archos AV604 is that even though it only has about half the physical memory, it is all flash which counts for something if I were to drop the device.

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #13 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to best buy they had it. So now I'm typing this message on my new touch
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #14 of 115
I just can't figure out the the need for the iTouch, either. If you want a good iPod model get either the 3G iPod nano or the new iPod classic if you need more storage capacity (the extra storage capacity justifies the larger size of the classic, in my opinion).

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #15 of 115
so looks like best buy has tons, wasn't happy about paying tax though.

Oh and I am typing this on my touch while listening to music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back