iPod Touch or Zune HD?
Oct 6, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #31 of 55
For music get a SONY DAP (S639 16GB $100). For the rest (WIFI, APPs, ebook, games etc) keep the iPhone, it is as good as it gets right now! Don't buy an apple product for music! They hurt my ears too, lifeless piece of crap. Pleasing to my eyes though.

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Also, I like to watch drama episodes on the go, and my P3 natively plays back XViD fine...what format will I have to convert XVid into, and how long will it take, say, a 2-300mb episode?

MP4. How long? Depends on the speed of your computer. get a intel quad-core cpu if you want to finish early.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #33 of 55
I voted for the HD with my wallet too, a 32 gigger with the AV dock. It is insane what this thing can do and how beautiful the screen it. WIFI + Marketplace + Zunepass = Nirvana. I REALLY like the marketplace experience with the device. The software is OK (much slower than the Zune itself while shopping) , but who needs it? Once they get Smart DJ on the device it will be even better. This thing is amazing, and it makes an iTouch look and feel a little klunky. CONS: I am not very impressed with the 720p out to my HDTV so far, and email on the browser is a challenge. A simple email app would be great.

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #34 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much worse will the Touch or Zune HD sound compared to my P3?

How do you know the Touch or ZHD would sound worse than your P3?

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #35 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MP4. How long? Depends on the speed of your computer. get a intel quad-core cpu if you want to finish early.

I have an i7 920 setup on an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and 6GB Corsair Dominator.

gui question: from what I've seen, there's little-to-nil input lag on fingertip contact, right? That's the main thing that the P3 irks me with. It takes 1-2 sec for it to go to the next menu....

From what I've gathered, the P3 is a very good sounding player, and I've seen the majority of owners giving points in SQ to the P3 over the Touch or Zune HD. Of course, I haven't heard them for myself, so there's a chance that I'm not right
rolleyes.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #36 of 55
i am very impressed with the zunehd interface. the secondary 'main' screen with its pins and history and newly added menus is superb.

the zunehd is missing one thing, apps. and that can be fixed, let's see if microsoft is smart enough to open up the zune to 3rd party apps, the latest SDK SEEMS to point to this, but we shall see.

i will be disappointed in microsoft if they keep the zune locked out of 3rd party developers hands.

Oct 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #37 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gui question: from what I've seen, there's little-to-nil input lag on fingertip contact, right? That's the main thing that the P3 irks me with. It takes 1-2 sec for it to go to the next menu....

There is no lag when browsing between songs, videos, pictures, radio, marketplace, social, and settings.

However, there is at least a 2-3 second input lag when exiting the browser and apps. Starting any apps, there at least a 5 second wait time. (i.e. the calculator app takes about 6-7 seconds just to load and a game app will take anywhere from 10 seconds onward to load as it also includes an advertisement)

I'm hopeful exiting the browser and apps as well as starting apps in general will get remedied in a future firmware update...have to wait and see.

Cheers!

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #40 of 55
I think part of the reason why is that the aps have ads on them. Little bit annoying but I don't really use the aps much anyways until they come up with something like slacker.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #41 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bump

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #42 of 55
Oct 13, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #43 of 55
Oh yes, will the Zune HD get app support..like 3rd party? any rumors? 9 apps is kinda iffy...at least a decent email app or something..

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #45 of 55
Thanks for that info...i have been checking everyday to see if any new apps have come out. Any word on what kind of apps i can look forward too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back