iPod Touch or Zune HD?
Sep 30, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #16 of 55
honestly, if you have to compare it with the 3rd gen itouch, then i would vote thumbs down on it. the 3rd gen itouch SQ is terrible, especially compared to the 2nd gen itouch SQ. i remember using 2nd gen itouch, and there were times when i liked listening off it more than the line-out of my macbook pro (both sources arent that great). but the 3rd gen really disappointed me. it completely lacked dynamic, the bass was extremely boosted, mids had a sort of muffled to it, trebles lacked any sort of good sparkle, and soundstage definitely decreased. after listening to the 3rd gen for a while, my ears actually started hurting. the sound was just so tense

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #17 of 55
If your getting an iPhone soon, why would you need another media player? The iPhone is pretty much the iTouch + phone capabilities. I've been using my iPhone 3G as my media player for about a year now, first with the AKG414p and now with the Sen IE8's and its decently good. I love the fact that when you get a call/msg/alert it will pause the music and give you a ring tone. I see people wanting to buy an audio grade headset for the iPhone, but I think its unnecessary, because you can listen to the call via the headphones while speaking into the iPhone's mic. I haven't tried the LOD+amp setup, but am looking into it.

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #18 of 55
Doesn't Apple have this lossless rip thing going on in itunes, I imported my music into itunes using the lossless thing and each file is like 30mb, over 1000kbps and can be put onto the Apple iTouch..

I use my iTouch with the iBasso T4 and my new shure se420's

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #19 of 55
Heres what my library looks like, I swear You can put the high kbps music onto the itouch 3g.
1000kbps.jpg

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by So_Sweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't Apple have this lossless rip thing going on in itunes, I imported my music into itunes using the lossless thing and each file is like 30mb, over 1000kbps and can be put onto the Apple iTouch..

I use my iTouch with the iBasso T4 and my new shure se420's

What are you talking about??

Also...
GfX47.png

g3HdK.png

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #22 of 55
lol,i use audible audiobooks on my zune120 and i have a fairly large collection of audible audiobooks and all what you have to do is to drag and drop the books through audible manager so it is also a very easy task like the touch,it is not a special feature in the touch
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #23 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol,i use audible audiobooks on my zune120 and i have a fairly large collection of audible audiobooks and all what you have to do is to drag and drop the books through audible manager so it is also a very easy task like the touch,it is not a special feature in the touch
biggrin.gif

Or most PMPs made in the last 3 years for that matter.

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #24 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you talking about??

Also...
GfX47.png

g3HdK.png

Wow I did not know that! Does the software come with the Zune? I might consider getting one if it does.. How well is the interface for setting up playlists and whatnot compared to itunes?

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #26 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The software comes with the Zune and is available free at Homepage | Zune.net - you don't need a Zune to try it and see what you think of it.

Awesome! Thanks, Oh one more thing, I have bought songs on itunes, is it possible to move them over to the zune if i buy one?

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #27 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by So_Sweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome! Thanks, Oh one more thing, I have bought songs on itunes, is it possible to move them over to the zune if i buy one?

Depends.

if you bought the songs in the last 6-12 months, just set the Zune software to monitor your iTunes folder and your iTunes songs will be available to sync to your new Zune.

However, if these are old songs with AAC DRM you will need to burn and rip these songs for use with Zune or devices non-iPod devices. This last method will downgrade the quality of your songs.

Oct 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #28 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
honestly, if you have to compare it with the 3rd gen itouch, then i would vote thumbs down on it. the 3rd gen itouch SQ is terrible, especially compared to the 2nd gen itouch SQ. i remember using 2nd gen itouch, and there were times when i liked listening off it more than the line-out of my macbook pro (both sources arent that great). but the 3rd gen really disappointed me. it completely lacked dynamic, the bass was extremely boosted, mids had a sort of muffled to it, trebles lacked any sort of good sparkle, and soundstage definitely decreased. after listening to the 3rd gen for a while, my ears actually started hurting. the sound was just so tense

I'm not sure why you say the SQ of the 3rd gen touch is "terrible" compared to the 2nd gen. I have both and they sound exactly the same. Since there was no audio hardware change at all between 2nd and 3rd gen I find your comment rediculous.

I'll say this though, the faster CPU makes a big difference in overall speed and snappieness(?)

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #29 of 55
How much worse will the Touch or Zune HD sound compared to my P3?

Also, I like to watch drama episodes on the go, and my P3 natively plays back XViD fine...what format will I have to convert XVid into, and how long will it take, say, a 2-300mb episode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back