iPod Touch EQ fixed in iOS 4.0
Nov 17, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #61 of 65
Just an Update on the EQ thing.

The App "equalizer" from Tibor Horwath has been updated for ios4 to work on the fly with your songs on the iPhone or iPod Touch (you used to have to process the songs first).

Its a bit buggy on my iPod touch 2G, but it goes llike this.

Install the App to your iPhone.
Open the App and add a song , album or playlist.
Theoretically you get 7 parametric bands of which you can adjust freq: and Q and gain (although on the 2g i only got 3 of the 7 working)

Drawbacks are its an App so if you click the home button it closes the App and you have to start again.
You are still dealing with the muddy rolled off bass of the iPod, however that doesnt stop you from using a band to increase at 30 Hz and then use another band with a narrow Q to pull back that mid bass hump at around 80 Hz.

Im still playing with mine.
I will post more later.
An update in the future may improve on its bugs.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #62 of 65
I have this app too. 

The iPod touch 2G is too slow for it, or at least my unit is.

If you find the iPod touch rolled off (which I assure you it isn't at all), then you have been listening to bass boosted machines. If you want proof, just ask. I've not been able to get the iPod touch to roll off with anything but the hardest to drive iems, the kind that destroy every DAP on the market.

I agree that since it is an app, it is frustrating because as it closes, using it is cancelled.

Quote:
Just an Update on the EQ thing.

The App "equalizer" from Tibor Horwath has been updated for ios4 to work on the fly with your songs on the iPhone or iPod Touch (you used to have to process the songs first).

Its a bit buggy on my iPod touch 2G, but it goes llike this.

Install the App to your iPhone.
Open the App and add a song , album or playlist.
Theoretically you get 7 parametric bands of which you can adjust freq: and Q and gain (although on the 2g i only got 3 of the 7 working)

Drawbacks are its an App so if you click the home button it closes the App and you have to start again.
You are still dealing with the muddy rolled off bass of the iPod, however that doesnt stop you from using a band to increase at 30 Hz and then use another band with a narrow Q to pull back that mid bass hump at around 80 Hz.

Im still playing with mine.
I will post more later.
An update in the future may improve on its bugs.

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #63 of 65
Yeah i am a bit of a bass boost freak.
Apparently on the 2G & 3G only 3 bands work because of their processing power.
You need a 3GS or 4G to have the 7 bands going.

Nov 18, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #65 of 65

Quote:
Does the equalizer app kill the battery like a regular app?

Yes i have noticed reduced battery life, but i cant  give you any figures.
Theres a fair bit of processing power for this app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back