Ipod Touch 2g is very very impressive!
Feb 19, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #46 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, 16gb's??? Have fun now until it fills up...

When it fills up, you replace less listened music with new music. That's what I do with my 16gb iTouch 2G.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #48 of 117
I'm pretty particular and own the cowon d2, cowon O2, and most other highly touted cowon machines. I also own two iMods and use them with the ALO V-Cap dock. While not quite the SQ of the iMod, I think the iPod Touch 2G is a very worthy competitor on all fronts. Now, that they fixed the skipping in ALAC, I'm a huge fan.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #49 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ting.mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel that the mid in the A818 is a bit more emphasized, thus high end can feel missing. Being a treble lover (Ety 4S lover), the Touch is better in this regard.

The A818 already has slightly recessed mids, doesn't it?

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #50 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16gb is 50 odd albums in Apple Lossless

+ a bit spare for apps
smily_headphones1.gif

Why would I fill it up with lossless music? It's not my main source. In portable use it's completely useless to have your music in lossless format. I use 200kbps AAC converted from my FLAC library. Luckily apps take very little space.

I have now ~1500 songs in my iPod and 2gb free space. More than enough for little portable use.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #51 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just wait till you see the graphics for need for speed undercover for the touch: amazing. aside from games, the musical performance is my favourite: great sound with as mentioned a wide soundstage which should be more than 10% wider than the sony statistically speaking from separation number, but oh bother.

i prefer the chalky sound from the sony bass sometimes but the touch is just so sharp.

has a load of useful apps as well. but definately check out the graphics for need for speed. here is a recent thread about need for speed but many other great games exist.

needforspeed1.jpg

needforspeed2.jpg

By the way, NFS has been delayed for about 5-6 months now... Anyway, nice to see a happy touch user. Been a touch fan since 2 weeks after release of the 1st gen.

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #52 of 117
i think i had mine about the same time. loved the touch 1g - sold my other gear because of it and good sound despite all the extras. now the 2g i prefer as it is a bit sharper and has less hiss and volume rocker and no bass roll off! yeah.

our site will start producing reviews of in ear headphones too

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #53 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
our site will start producing reviews of in ear headphones too

Shigz, I paid your site a visit a while back, and meant to tell you it's really cool!
I love the 'wipe it' 'slap it' 'tap it' 'grab it' 'kiss it' review ratings system
biggrin.gif

I even have it bookmarked!

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #56 of 117
i have 150gb ... wait, 129gb of music and i have 16gb ipod, 4gb sony, 512mb ipod shuffle and 8gb sony and a dead 8gb meizu.

who cares if it is filled up? i rotate the music. does not matter at all. with any of the players. 512 is great for short bicycle rides and 16 is great for weeks of music as i like to listen to the same songs for quite a while. im sure many people are the same.

for users who have more than me, 240 or even 500 gb will not be enough: no point in spending to get the biggest disk.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #58 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty particular and own the cowon d2, cowon O2, and most other highly touted cowon machines. I also own two iMods and use them with the ALO V-Cap dock. While not quite the SQ of the iMod, I think the iPod Touch 2G is a very worthy competitor on all fronts. Now, that they fixed the skipping in ALAC, I'm a huge fan.

That's great to hear! I like the idea of using the iTunes iTouch interface but I was really concerned that I would be dissapointed in the SQ. I was considering the S9 or D2 over the iTouch/iPhone because of the better SQ. But I was torn because I want the goodies! Apples applications are light years ahead of any other PMP. One feature that I really want is the song samplier identifier app. The only other product on the market that I know of that has this is phones with Microsoft Mobile one them and that is a nice option. I even wrote to Cowon to request this feature on their products.

Questions: What tweaks can you do to get better SQ out of the touch or iPhone? Why do people use the pinjack instead of the headphone jack, is that really an improvement? Are there amps that work with the mic too?

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #59 of 117
Ugh, so stuck on whether to get the Cowon S9 or an iPod touch 2G
frown.gif
There are so many mixed reviews about it and there isn't a place where I live to audition the S9
frown.gif
If anyone can A/B it, it would be awesome
smily_headphones1.gif
Note: Headphone out without an amp please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back