iPod Shuffle or the Sansa Clip+ Which one should I get?
Oct 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Baiton

100+ Head-Fier
Pros/Cons of both? 

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 17
Could a mod move this to the dedicated sources topic list?

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 17
Sansa Clip+ obviously.

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 17
Oct 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #5 of 17
Cheaper, better build, better sound quality, a screen, better software support, better interface, looks nicer IMO, microSD slot for unlimited storage, rockbox for near-unlimited features and format support, longer battery life...

Quote:
What makes it so obvious?

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #6 of 17
Meh, I wasn't impressed by the Clip+ and it was rockboxed as well.  I think the shuffle sounds better.

If you are wanting something to store all your music, then the clip+ is obviously a better option but if you want something for working out or while doing yard work and are going to set it to shuffle and forget it, then I prefer the shuffle for it's size, better convenience and sound.

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #7 of 17
Cheaper, better build, better sound quality, a screen, better software support, better interface, looks nicer IMO, microSD slot for unlimited storage, rockbox for near-unlimited features and format support, longer battery life... 

+1

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 17
I might consider waiting until this Tuesday to see what apple might announce by way of updated iPods...

There's been some speculation that the Shuffle and Classic might be discontinued. IMO, they should kill the Shuffle, drop the Nano prices by $50, and up the capacity of the Classic....I think Toshiba is making a 220GB spinner that will fit in the Classic shell.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 17
They should make a touch with a hard disk inside. It wouldn't be much thicker than it currently is, and would be the best of all worlds.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #12 of 17
They should make a touch with a hard disk inside. It wouldn't be much thicker than it currently is, and would be the best of all worlds.

It would kill battery life... That's the only problem I see with it.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #13 of 17
Kill is too strong of a word. It would probably cut it down to about 10 hours, which is still fine by me.

Quote:
It would kill battery life... That's the only problem I see with it.

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #15 of 17
Kill is too strong of a word. It would probably cut it down to about 10 hours, which is still fine by me. 

10 hours music = about half of the iPods battery life (My 4G Touch got about 20 hours of music on a full charge when new)... The iPod itself gets around 7 hours of video life and about 5 hours straight gaming/browsing... All those would be cut in half too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back