iPod scratches
Dec 2, 2005 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

NekoRacing

New Head-Fier
I was too excited i just pulled the protective sticker on my newly bought iPod. Now regret and guilt haunts me, i do not think i can sleep for tonight as i noticed a few fine scratches on the front of the iPod. My heart aches .. painly

Are there any good ways i could protect my iPod from scratches?
It's almost impossible to apply back the protective sticker on the iPod because i threw it out the window.

my precious ... my baby ...
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 41
there is really no way to protect the ipod from scratches, it will happen.

But you should look into buying a protective film that sticks onto the ipod.

I remember being careful with my 2g ipod the first week i got it, but as i found out scratches are not preventable, i decided to just let it go. I don't mind the scratches, gives it an attitude i think.

Dec 2, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #6 of 41
Cases suck, what's the point of the iPod being so beautiful and small if you will put a case around it?

Do yourself a favor and get the invisible shield (www.theinvisibleshield.com), it is a little tricky to apply, but it preserves the naked look of the iPod with a protective film that is very difficult to tell has been put on, and it won't scratch!

Dec 2, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 41
i was not nimble enough for the invisbleshield. it's laying in a crumpled ball right now ready to mail back.

Dec 2, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 41
Ummm, wow.

I had to wet it down and re-apply it a few times to "Get the hang of it" and was really questioning how it looked after I put it on, but after drying all the loose edges tightened up and it looks great, just one or two tiny bubbles on the back.

If you can put decals on a little scale model or kids toy I would think that this isn't any more difficult.

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmpage2
Cases suck, what's the point of the iPod being so beautiful and small if you will put a case around it?

As if it would look even more "beautiful" when it's scratched.

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #10 of 41
I kinda like the sctraches too, on a normal ipod that is. But from what i've read, a scratch on the video ipod is terribly annoying simply because it's noticeable when watching movies and such.

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
As if it would look even more "beautiful" when it's scratched.

Umm, ok, calm the hate.

Here's what the ipod looks like with the invisible shield, which WON'T SCRATCH. It certainly won't protect your iPod as well in the event of a drop, but how often are you going to drop your iPod on concrete?

videoipod.jpg

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
A cheaper, mess-free option?

tongue.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Wow, your iPod looks almost as scratched up as the wrist band on my Omega wrist watch.
blink.gif

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmpage2
Wow, your iPod looks almost as scratched up as the wrist band on my Omega wrist watch.
blink.gif

They're not actually scratches, but creases formed by the heavy duty "cling wrap"!
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #15 of 41
Why can't people that buy an iPod undestand that, unless you use one of those invisible shields, there are going to be scratches even when you use a case. It's pretty unavoidable. It's not the end of the world, your iPod still looks sleek, cool and small. I hate when people saying it's "unusable" and over exaggerate (i.e. this silly lawsuit with Nanos). Black Nanos scratch easier? Well no, it just shows more because it's black...goes for the full sized black iPod and any other iPod that has come out if it was black. AH.

Alright, I'm done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back