iPod scratches
Dec 2, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #16 of 41
Don't really care much about scratches, other than how they adversely affect resale value. iPod is a music player - the case I have (Marware for nano, DLO for iPod) is mostly for 'clip to the belt' functionality. I have iPod to listen to music, not look at.

Dec 3, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #19 of 41
I was really stupid for taking off that protectitive sticker, yes looks like i will have to resolve to a cheaper method, by getting plastic glad up wraps.
Wrap the ipod for a few weeks till i save some money and burn it for some proper protection gear.

The casing that came alone with the iPod, so ... irritating to take the iPod in and out.

Dec 3, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #20 of 41
i took my protector off today -- 1 day after i got it.. putting cases and protectors on is analogous to people leaving plastic covers on their couches... whats the point? its a music player--not an artpiece.

Dec 3, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

its a music player--not an artpiece.

hehe ironic, seeing how the original 1st Gen iPod is in the Museum of Modern Art

Dec 3, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #23 of 41
Not to mention that the iPod has phenomenal resale value, if it's in very good condition. It can cost you $100 in resale difference between a scratched or good looking player. I don't know about other folks but I tend to update my DAP every 2 yrs or so.

Dec 3, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by D555
Industrial art. Fifty years from now pristine examples will be prized as cultural relics -- like Predicta televisons or the Regency TR-1.

Paul

Maybe, but 8 months from now it will be obsolete, and nobody will care if they are scratched or not.

gerG

Dec 3, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #25 of 41
And even if it's historic art 50 years from now, for me it's still just a music player. My three iPods have replaced what I consider to be a clunky, onerous solution for portable audio - the CD walkman with a case full of CDs. I like that they look kind of cool and all that, but their simple elegance is more of a paramount consideration..and how that utility translates to usefulness.

I'll try not to scratch them, but won't sweat to much if they do. Besides, whenever the next gen comes out I'll probably sell 'em for what I can get and get a new one. (I like Apple's awesome warranty
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 3, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
They're not actually scratches, but creases formed by the heavy duty "cling wrap"!
biggrin.gif

i'd rather have a scratched up ipod to look at.

Dec 5, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #29 of 41
Currently i'm also using cling wrap as a temporary protection for my iPod.

Omg .. the iPod is so fragile like a mama's boy, i tried wiping the iPod earlier with some cloth, and i had fine scratches on it. I was like @#%!% What?

Dec 5, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #30 of 41
eek.gif
That worries me also...but I've left the original protective layer underneath the cling wrap, so I'm hoping that will protect it.

The bestskinsever better arrive soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back