iPod nano released
Sep 7, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #31 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad
Am I wrong, or is the headphone jack on the bottom?
confused.gif

You're not wrong, it looks like the dock and headphone jack are on the bottom, and the hold switch os on the top. Odd choice, since then you can't just drop the thing into it's dock to charge, you would have to unplug the headhoines first, and listen thru the dock.

http://www.apple.com/hardware/galler..._sept2005.html

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:50 PM Post #36 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankypoo
2 days? I'm sure you're within the return window.

LoL unless I could come with an awesome excuse because I bought it from Apple.com

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:50 PM Post #37 of 265
Man, they had that thing on their site the minute it was anounced! Very nice to have instant availability, vs the early intro and wait for a month.

Anyway mine should be here tomorrow (black). otoh it might not ship today since they probably got about one metric sh!tload of orders in the first 5 minutes. I would love to see the stats on the order rate.

gerG

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #38 of 265
Looks great.

Now how does it sound?
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #41 of 265
My only complaint is there is still no custom EQ
confused.gif
If you let the little flash anim play on the apple iPod site under settings you can see all the EQ presets.

Looks like I'll be buying the 4G in black and some black Super.fi Pro's to match.

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #42 of 265
I wasn't quite expecting Apple to completely replace the iPod mini line with the new iPods they were expected to release today. Although now that I've seen the iPod nano, I'd have to say Apple did quite a damn good job as usual.

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #43 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by mech_e
If only apple could forget about showy design for a bit and put flac, vorbis, and gapless on there, they would truly have the best dap out there.

No gapless, but they have ALAC and AAC. Not sure how ALAC compares to FLAC for battery life, but between the lossys AAC wins there.

Glad to see it supports all the formats of the bigger iPods. Kinda worried they may not for some reason.

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #44 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kestrel
14 Hours... they have a flash player and it will only last 14 hours.

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

they have a flash player that only lasts 12-the shuffle. 14 is pretty good, only 1 shorter than the full ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back