Ipod mini + portable amp. size matters!!
Aug 2, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Tomahawk is the smallest, and it doesn't have a DAC. I think it's about $250.

ipod mini/w 32gb cf + emmeline tomohawk + yuin OK1 = epic win? perhaps....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by rei_yano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ipod mini/w 32gb cf + emmeline tomohawk + yuin OK1 = epic win? perhaps....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Are you dead set on going with the OK1s?

You could put the Tomahawk money into a good pair of IEMs and get much better sound.

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #18 of 32
well... earbuds make me nostalgic. however IEMs might be something I could consider. it would definitely add a whole other dimension to my decision making... last thing I need lol. one thing I was curious about was can the tomahawk drive something like the hd650 or high end denon? I am just curious if I could use this in conjunction with my dac when I get a pair one day...

EDIT: Perhaps the tomahawk would be overkill for yuin ok1? you know I would also be scaling upwards. I mean down the line I would buy better and better phones including some IEMs eventually I am sure...

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What headphones will you be using with the setup?

For now, I only have creative Ep630. But I think I will upgrade soon.

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by rei_yano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well... earbuds make me nostalgic. however IEMs might be something I could consider. it would definitely add a whole other dimension to my decision making... last thing I need lol. one thing I was curious about was can the tomahawk drive something like the hd650 or high end denon? I am just curious if I could use this in conjunction with my dac when I get a pair one day...

EDIT: Perhaps the tomahawk would be overkill for yuin ok1? you know I would also be scaling upwards. I mean down the line I would buy better and better phones including some IEMs eventually I am sure...

The tomahawk drive even a AKG K340 I think.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #25 of 32
depends, i've had both before and if you want more bass, definitely go with the tomahawk. it goes for about $200-250 here, whereas you might have to wait at least a month for a pico.

where are you gonna be listening to this portable rig? i'd get some nice custom IEM's if you have the money.

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #26 of 32
I do not plan on getting any iems. like I said I want something that will scale as I get better cans and such. gonna start with yuins and work my way up to some ultimate ears or shures. its about the journey right? plus its a matter of being able to afford it lol. if I had several thousand dollars I would likely get some custom molds lol!

Aug 9, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #27 of 32
Go Vibe Magnum.....or bust. Seriously, that amp is ridiculous...

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #28 of 32
what is so great about the go vibe magnum? I do not really need the dac. so anything with a dac just seems like wasted money for me. I thought I was gonna get a netbook but I am reconsidering my purchase.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #29 of 32
i use a Mini^3 in between an iPod Mini and a pair of PK1s.
in terms of size, they match up very well, and the high performance version of the amp with the AD8397 op-amp complements the Yuins really nicely. i can't speak for all the other portable amps out there, but this combo has sat next to my bed for several months and i've been in no rush to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back