iPod hype finally cooling down?
Oct 15, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #46 of 48
packetloss says:
Quote:

It's hard to beat the nano, long battery life and extremely compact.

Add to this, all kinds of cases and add-on's. I bought an external battery (12 hours of movie run-time on a 5 gen iPod). I had at least a dozen types of external batteries to choose from.

I see all kinds of thread with members looking for ANY kind of case for their non-ipod player. If the manufactures doesn't make it, many add-ons are not otherwise available for other dap's.

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #47 of 48
I love those wonderful analogues, they are the same. They sound better than iPod because there are fewer. OSX is better than XP because it is less in the market, Linux better than both for similar reasons. I don't believe the mill about sounds better, that is just personal taste. You like more EQ, then non-ipod sounds better. Same with Sharp MD lovers versus Sony units, the sony is infinitely more popular thus sounds not as good, the Sharp with their lovely Auvi 1 bit processors and 88 db S/N ratio is much better than that of Sony, and of iPod and of every DAP out there actually.

Really, it is the best ever. In fact, get the home unit, amazing for the price of 1000 USD it is best features and sound over any player on the market even up to 3000$. Why oh why do people buy those other players, stupid and brainwashed.

I notice a trend in every 'sounds better' argument. Sounds better to you... full stop.

Oct 15, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #48 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
Personally the iPod has gotten boring for me. It's still a terrific DAP, but it's just lost its appeal because it's hardly changed in the past few years. Sure they've added features since the 4G, but I only use it really to listen to music, and that functionality (with the notable addition of gapless) hasn't changed and the click wheel has stayed. Though to be fair, DAP's in general have sort of lost their appeal. I just don't like walking around with my ears covered up anymore, I'd rather hear the world around me. I just sold my iPod and now I'm setting up a dorm system. One thing I'd really like to get a hold of is a Colorware'd and iModded iPod, but I can't stomach the cost.

I feel you. I have just recently sold my recabled akg 81 Djs and cx 300s an d I'm now left with ksc-55s only. I'm really starting to grow tired of the anti social nature of portable audio. I loved the sound of the Djs, but their closed design was a doubled edged sword, it proved great for isolation but It also cut me off from reality in a sense. My iriver h320 is going to be my dap until it dies, when it does I'm not sure that I'll replace it.

no link, but I remembering my psych teacher mentioning a new study that theorizes that constant music to the brain may cause alzheimers down the road. he explained that the constant stimulous prevents the seritonin receptors from taking a break therby overworking them, it is quite similiar to insulin and diabetes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back