iPod Custom EQ - Yes, it CAN be done!!!
Feb 1, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #76 of 91

Quote:
OK I have been trying to get a satisfactory EQ with my iPod Nano 6G and Sony MDR-ZX700 headphones. As you may already be aware the ZX700's have a sharp dropoff on the bass freqencies. As others have noted many of the iPods do not allow you to set a custom EQ. All of the above suggestions *DO NOT WORK* on something like an iPod Nano 6G.

However. There *IS* a workaround! :)

Basically what you do is select the songs on your iPod you want to EQ (Not in your library! You do not want to change those!). Right click, select 'Get Iinfo', Select the 'Options' tab. Now you will see there is an option to enable EQ. Tick the box and on the dropdown select the custom EQ you created. Click OK and it will apply the EQ to your selected songs. You don't need EQ on on you iPod as it is applied onto the song itself (Losslessly I might add but it may affect being able to get the track/file back to where it was before so make sure you always have a backup in your master library before you do this). Leave EQ 'Off' on your iPod as the track is already EQ'd.

If you do not listen to the songs plugged into any other device but your headphones then it is no big issue to change the file properties themselves rather than the EQ be applied after through presets. Be careful not to save these files back onto your computer with your master library or you may end up with messed up files!

Hope this helps.

Dude, read the iPod fac on Apple's website - this DOESN'T WORK!!! It ONLY works on the tracks that are on the computer, that are LISTENED to with iTunes!!! It does NOT transfer the settings over to your iPod!!! THIS WAS COVERED ALREADY!!! 

We're all hoping for a custom EQ option, but we've been hoping for it for YEARS!!!

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #77 of 91

Quote:
Dude, read the iPod fac on Apple's website - this DOESN'T WORK!!! It ONLY works on the tracks that are on the computer, that are LISTENED to with iTunes!!! It does NOT transfer the settings over to your iPod!!! THIS WAS COVERED ALREADY!!! 

We're all hoping for a custom EQ option, but we've been hoping for it for YEARS!!!

How many times will we have to refute this myth?
blink.gif
confused.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #78 of 91
Hmm. Looks like you guys may be right after all. It looks like all it does is auto choose one of the presets on the iPod if you set it to EQ in iTunes and does not overwrite the EQ preset on the iPod nor apply any custom EQ in the MP3 even if you change the preset itself in iTunes. Seriously this sucks.

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #79 of 91
Yes, it does suck. That's why I got a Digizoid ZO for use with my 'Pods,...I luv it!

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #82 of 91

a few posts up.

Only options are to rockbox an ipod.

Or use an EQ app with ipod touch/iphone/ipad.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #84 of 91
  This doesnt work, with an iPod Touch 5g 

It never did work....read the thread! lol

Go to the app store, there are several good equalizer apps available that work on the Touch 5G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back