Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Aug 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2,656 of 3,645
Quote:
Hi, I rockboxed my Ipod classic gen 160gb yesterday as instructed in Page 1.
Everything is fine but I found a trouble with Next and Previous button's behavior.
I click Next or Previous button to skip to another song but instead of that, my ipod just do
Fast Forward and Rewind for 2 seconds per click. I knew that Fast Forward and Rewind should be
done if you press and hold the Next/ Previous buttons only.
I read the manual of rockbox but nothing helps. Pls let me know if it is normal or not? Thank you!

Hello mate,
My 160gb Classic did the same, pretty sure i changed it in playback settings.....

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #2,657 of 3,645
Quote:
Hi, I rockboxed my Ipod classic gen 160gb yesterday as instructed in Page 1.
Everything is fine but I found a trouble with Next and Previous button's behavior.
I click Next or Previous button to skip to another song but instead of that, my ipod just do
Fast Forward and Rewind for 2 seconds per click. I knew that Fast Forward and Rewind should be
done if you press and hold the Next/ Previous buttons only.
I read the manual of rockbox but nothing helps. Pls let me know if it is normal or not? Thank you!

Here you go, hope this helps??

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #2,658 of 3,645
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove some of the choices within DataBase, eg Album Artist etc?

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #2,659 of 3,645
Sorry one other thing, anyone having any joy running it with a Pioneer headunit via USB?
Thanks

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #2,660 of 3,645
Quote:

This one exists on the site now:  emcore-installer-ipodclassic-r880.ubi

http://builds.freemyipod.org/emcore-installer/target/ipodclassic/

Haven't had a chance to install yet, though. Anyway, just sayin'. Certainly safer to stick with r859 (though I've no problems with r868).

i'll try it

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #2,661 of 3,645
Quote:Originally Posted by The one 1974 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here you go, hope this helps??

Tks you! It's true that we must adjust in playback setting but it is the option called "Skip length".
Now everything is fine. Rockbox is great and has a lot of thing to customize but somehow it takes
us time to get to the right location!

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #2,662 of 3,645
Could someone find out if you could get a dock 30pin to coax to work? Maybe that is how we get our unmolested digital signal

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #2,664 of 3,645
DAMN

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #2,665 of 3,645
I recently installed Rockbox to my classic, and I've come across a really annoying issue. I'm hoping this has more to do with Rockbox and not the Classic being "unusable" so that there's maybe an easy solution.

When I try to drag albums onto my iPod, it just disconnects. It stays charging, but Windows tells me the file is too large to transfer, etc. When I unplug the device, which is no longer recognized, I get a white screen that says "Mount" or something like that. I reset the device and then try to use it again. Any reasons why I'm having this problem?

I already have 300+ songs on the device with over 60 GB left. Why was I able to transfer those files and not anymore? (Files are not corrupt or anything.)

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #2,666 of 3,645
Which Emcore version and which Rockbox version are you running?

You could try to reformat the data partition in the Emcore menu, then you need to copy a new Rockbox version to the drive again. If that doesn't work you could try to only copy 1 GB of music and see if that works ok & stable to play, connect via USB, boot, shutdown etc. If you then keep copying other music/media to the drive it's possible to find out at which point ('X'th GB) the drive is damaged if that is the case.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #2,667 of 3,645
I've been tagging from my iPod, so all the music is properly tagged on my device but not my computer, so all my work will be gone if I reformat? I was hoping to get those files on my computer, then just uninstall and reinstall, but it disconnects when I transfer from the device, also.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #2,668 of 3,645
Hey guys. I Rockboxed in Jan or Feb and haven't updated since. Currently running version "93130beM-130110". Where should I update. I'm pretty sure I got this build from the aroldan dropbox. I was just in there and last update was 6 months ago, not long after I Rockboxed. Did something happen, am I missing something?

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #2,669 of 3,645
Quote:
I've been tagging from my iPod, so all the music is properly tagged on my device but not my computer, so all my work will be gone if I reformat? I was hoping to get those files on my computer, then just uninstall and reinstall, but it disconnects when I transfer from the device, also.

Have you tried another computer or at least a different USB port?  Also (assuming the classic is like every other rockbox'able DAP I've heard about) you could try holding a button when you switch it on and it will boot to the original OS, then you can plug it in and might be able to copy your tagged music back from there.  Would suck to lose all that work tagging!

Edit: Or if the original OS is gone you could try putting it in disk mode?

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #2,670 of 3,645
Quote:

Um, no. Wishful thinking will not produce a digital signal.

If by coax he means sp/dif, that will never happen since there is no sp/dif transceiver on the ipods.

There is USB though, so that could be used to drive a DAC.  Basically implement support for USB audio class devices, then the ipod would look like an ordinary PC to a USB DAC.  Seems fairly pointless though, as the line out and headphone out on the Classic are both exceptional, so I don't see anyone taking an interest in this.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back