Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #2,611 of 3,645
Get a Fiio L1 and connect to a CMOY or some other dedicated portable amp and you're golden

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #2,613 of 3,645
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a Cmoy amp to use with the ipod.  Now where do I get those plastic bands to hold everything together?

I just took an old bike tube and cut a small piece of it....works great...and I probably have enough tube to last me a lifetime.  A new bike tube is probably cheaper than trying to buy some special bands online.

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #2,614 of 3,645
Have a look at '3m dual lock', it's perfect for that! 
smile.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #2,615 of 3,645
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a Cmoy amp to use with the ipod.  Now where do I get those plastic bands to hold everything together?

Get one of those "live strong" bands from the cheater. (It wouldn't be as bad if he was honest from the start) lol sorry for the little rant.

PS - The Klipsch S4's aren't that bad. I just rode for a mile and a half listening to poorly mastered hip-hop and was pleasantly surprised. For someone who is stingy with their income, I can fully say that with these earbuds you will get competent reproduction of sound for $40 (pay more and you're an idiot).

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #2,616 of 3,645
Quote:
See the first post of this topic for some tricks to connect it. But like you said Windows 7 detects it as a drive, so that's good. Can you access it yourself? If so, it might be Winamps fault.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, Win7 show my ipod as a drive, and I can access the music folders of my ipod, no problem, but it seems winamp does not detect it as a portable device. However, when I plug in a memory stick, there is a winamp pop-up asking if I want to manage it in winamp! So winamp seems to be behaving well. Any clue?

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #2,617 of 3,645
Quote:
Thanks for your answer. Yes, Win7 show my ipod as a drive, and I can access the music folders of my ipod, no problem, but it seems winamp does not detect it as a portable device. However, when I plug in a memory stick, there is a winamp pop-up asking if I want to manage it in winamp! So winamp seems to be behaving well. Any clue?

Maybe after removing iTunes it works? I don't know, you could also try it on another pc. I don't see why Winamp would ignore your iPod completely.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #2,618 of 3,645
Dang it feels good to be iTunes free!

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #2,619 of 3,645
I never thought I'd say the same.  I really love the organization tools of itunes.  Smart playlists, etc.  But syncing has been a nightmare when my ipod was almost full or had errors or whatever.  Dragging files to my 64gb clip zip is so nice.  Although I currently use itunes to create the files and organize a bit before transferring, I still already feel more freedom not having to been locked into the app to use the player and sync music...  It's really dumb that they don't let the sync code be available for other mp3 players.  But then people wouldn't buy as many ipods right?  Selfish bastards. haha.  It's always money money money.... :p

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #2,620 of 3,645
Quote:
I never thought I'd say the same.  I really love the organization tools of itunes.

I could send you my config file for foobar

Does anyone have a Fiio L3 or L9 they are willing to sell?

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #2,621 of 3,645
http://www.head-fi.org/t/674508/aus-audiominor-cryo-pure-silver-3-5mm-to-3-5mm-interconnect#post_9657553
I could send you my config file for foobar

Does anyone have a Fiio L3 or L9 they are willing to sell?

Oh look! A wild silver interconnect appeared! :wink:

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #2,622 of 3,645
Sorry man, price is too steep and it's coming from the top out not the bottom out.

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #2,624 of 3,645
ok so ... ya .. i got flac files on my rockboxed ipod and a diy amp off ebay with the fiio connector connected to my ath-m50.  Now this is how i should have been listing to music all along.  everything sounds so much better.   

I got a few diff amp chips for my amp to also.  cant wait to try them all out.

If you want a good diy amp but want to just buy it check out this seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141021260246?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #2,625 of 3,645
So iv recently got a ipod classic 7th gen and rockbox is awesome my question is how do you charge it once it's dead since emcore doesn't seem to respond to usb power of the ac or computer I don't want it to die then be dead in the water. Also the OF from Apple really colored the sound Imo and rockbox is just so much more natural this is using Headphone out mind you. Can't believe OF doesn't have balance control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back