Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 18, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #2,581 of 3,645
Quote:
 EmCore is the only way to rockbox a classic and it does not support mac.   

Yes, so far there is no way to get Emcore installed on an iPod Classic using a Mac. The other problem is that once you do get it installed (either using Windows or Linux) you can't access the hard drive by connecting via USB, so you cant transfer Music from your Mac to it. I don't know exactly how it works, but a Rockboxed iPod Classic still has something like 'ipod classic' in the device_id and I think most Macs are just so happy to see a fellow Apple product being connected that they use iTunes or some other usb protocol to access it.

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #2,582 of 3,645
Hey guys, this question has probably been answered before somewhere in this thread, but I don't have all the time to go through it all, so I'll ask it again:)

On a rockboxed iPod classic, do you still get the playlist options like the Recently Added playlists and all? Or is it like any other rock box where the UI is still the same?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #2,583 of 3,645
Rockbox daily build 4596f51 aka 20130719 is outstanding

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #2,584 of 3,645
Quote:
Hey guys, this question has probably been answered before somewhere in this thread, but I don't have all the time to go through it all, so I'll ask it again:)

On a rockboxed iPod classic, do you still get the playlist options like the Recently Added playlists and all? Or is it like any other rock box where the UI is still the same?

Thanks in advance.

The simulator for Rockbox on the iPod Video can be found here:
http://rasher.dk/rockbox/simulator/

It is basically the same on the Classic, and should give you a good impression what it's like to use.

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #2,585 of 3,645
Jul 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,586 of 3,645
Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been discussed already but couldn't find anything......
After some advice please, i have (As far as i can tell) followed the instructions fully however when i enter RockBox from the Boot Menu it comes up with "no rockbox directory" and then "Installation Incomplete".
Anyone have any advice for me, I have also tried to delete RockBox and restart the process but can't seem to do that either, when i press Menu and Select it just restarts to the Boot Menu and does not show the Apple logo....
Really not sure how i need to proceed!!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Aaron

Jul 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #2,587 of 3,645
Hello all,

I'm using an iPod Classic 160GB rockboxed, and winamp does not detect it. I'm using Win7 and the ipod is detected as a drive, but for some reason, winamp do not see it. Does anybody know what can be happening?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Houchy

Jul 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #2,588 of 3,645
Quote:
Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been discussed already but couldn't find anything......
After some advice please, i have (As far as i can tell) followed the instructions fully however when i enter RockBox from the Boot Menu it comes up with "no rockbox directory" and then "Installation Incomplete".
Anyone have any advice for me, I have also tried to delete RockBox and restart the process but can't seem to do that either, when i press Menu and Select it just restarts to the Boot Menu and does not show the Apple logo....
Really not sure how i need to proceed!!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Aaron

Ignore me, I am an idiot.
Thought I was doing it correctly but I wasn't.
I am now RockBox'd and ready for action!!
Aaron

Jul 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #2,589 of 3,645
Jul 21, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #2,592 of 3,645
just came across this thread thinking of getting a ipod 7th gen 160gb and then rockbox it the line out with amp use sounds awesome ..what is the sound quality like compared to a iriver h320 that i currently use it has no line out and 20gb is way too small for me..

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #2,593 of 3,645
Quote:

I'm just curious, why is that? Has it solved issues for you?

I'm still hoping for this one to be updated: http://gerrit.rockbox.org/r/#/c/379/

Yes the response time is much faster. The build after it is also great

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #2,594 of 3,645
Quote:

Yes, so far there is no way to get Emcore installed on an iPod Classic using a Mac. The other problem is that once you do get it installed (either using Windows or Linux) you can't access the hard drive by connecting via USB, so you cant transfer Music from your Mac to it. I don't know exactly how it works, but a Rockboxed iPod Classic still has something like 'ipod classic' in the device_id and I think most Macs are just so happy to see a fellow Apple product being connected that they use iTunes or some other usb protocol to access it.

No. You can install Emcore on Windows or Linux and transfer the songs on Mac.
I am using my Rockboxed iPod Classic with my MacBook Pro.
The finder can detect it and I just drag and drop the songs to my ipc like external drive.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #2,595 of 3,645
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You'll be running as smooth as the standard operating system

I'll give it a try when I get home, thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back