Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #2,551 of 3,645
One more point: always wait for the hard drive on the iPod Classic to stop spinning before plugging it into your computer. Rockbox must be fully loaded.

Noted. I'll make sure to keep this in mind in future.

If you reformat your iPod Classic then start from scratch with the version of Emcore immediately above followed by the Aroldan 120802 version of Rockbox also above, you should have no problems.

Cool, i'll update everything and see how things work. I'll be getting a Fiio X3 eventually anyways as I preordered it, but might as well enjoy rockbox in the mean time.

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #2,552 of 3,645
Are the instructions at the begiining of this threads still true. I tried to do this like 4 times yesterday to no prevail. I relly like my ipod but frekin hate itunes, i would like to rockbox this something bad. Any help would be great. One thing to note is i have the newest ipod classic 160gb.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #2,553 of 3,645
Quote:
Are the instructions at the begiining of this threads still true. I tried to do this like 4 times yesterday to no prevail. I relly like my ipod but frekin hate itunes, i would like to rockbox this something bad. Any help would be great. One thing to note is i have the newest ipod classic 160gb.

I don't believe they have gotten 7th gen ported yet. This thread is specifically for 6th gen (atm)

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #2,555 of 3,645
Oh well hot damn

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2,559 of 3,645
Hello, is it possible to use a mac to install rockbox on the latest ipod classic?-Or is it just for windows?

I'm really struggling to choose between the latest ipod touch, or the classic!
If i could rockbox the classic from my mac so i can use good eq, then the decision would be made!

Thanks for any help.

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #2,561 of 3,645
Quote:
. However after awhile, MAC can't see the rockboxed classic. 

What do you mean by that?

I'm also very anxious to get my 160gb classic rockboxed.  If it works I might buy a classic that doesn't have a bad drive. :p

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #2,563 of 3,645
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all involved in getting this working, my 3 year old 80gb Classic is now successfully Rockboxed and is making my IE8's sing! I've been so frustrated with my classic due to sound quality and I was not far off buying a new DAP with an EQ. You've just saved me a fortune!

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #2,564 of 3,645
Quote:
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all involved in getting this working, my 3 year old 80gb Classic is now successfully Rockboxed and is making my IE8's sing! I've been so frustrated with my classic due to sound quality and I was not far off buying a new DAP with an EQ. You've just saved me a fortune!

Baaaaaah!  I'm dying to rockbox my classic.  I absolutely love the zip clip with rockbox, but i want to see if the classic is as good so i can get a new one without a bad drive. ha

Does anyone know how to get it on there with only a mac computer? :-/

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #2,565 of 3,645
Quote:

Baaaaaah!  I'm dying to rockbox my classic.  I absolutely love the zip clip with rockbox, but i want to see if the classic is as good so i can get a new one without a bad drive. ha

Does anyone know how to get it on there with only a mac computer? :-/

I had no problems with my Mac. Just make sure the Classic is one that has a stable port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back