Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
May 26, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #2,491 of 3,645
Who would want to watch video on that little screen? lol. I never once have on mine.

May 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #2,492 of 3,645
I know this is somewhere in the this guide and I remember it being very simple but...

how do I upgrade my build? say for instance I want to upgrade to the daily build found here http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=ipod6g

thanks guys!

May 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #2,493 of 3,645
Quote:
I know this is somewhere in the this guide and I remember it being very simple but...

how do I upgrade my build? say for instance I want to upgrade to the daily build found here http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=ipod6g

thanks guys!

Simple. Drag and drop the new version of Rockbox into the root folder of your Classic where the old version is located. Say yes to all "merge folder" and "replace file" prompts.

May 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #2,495 of 3,645
I have a question with regards to using Line out and headphone out. I just now discovered the stock firmware allows Headphone out and Line out at the same time which allows two people to listen with iPod at the same time. Luckily OS does not disable the volume control of headphone out when we insert line out cable. So my question is, will Rockbox will allow this? I know line out works by reading this thread, but will both the outputs (headphone/line out) work at the same time ? and importantly volume of headphone out not gets disabled ?

May 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #2,496 of 3,645
Quote:
I have a question with regards to using Line out and headphone out. I just now discovered the stock firmware allows Headphone out and Line out at the same time which allows two people to listen with iPod at the same time. Luckily OS does not disable the volume control of headphone out when we insert line out cable. So my question is, will Rockbox will allow this? I know line out works by reading this thread, but will both the outputs (headphone/line out) work at the same time ? and importantly volume of headphone out not gets disabled ?

Yes and Yes. You will be pleased.

May 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2,503 of 3,645
Hello all!

My first post, and I started an account to do so.

I picked up an old iPod Classic 6th gen (80 gb) to use on my mountain bike rides. 

I got the latest rock Box installed, with the latest Emcore as well.

It works great, everything I've tried to do is great.

Only thing is, the battery misreads, and jumps around everywhere (percentage wise)

I'll plug it in, it'll say 100%, unplug, 40%, plug it in, 90%...etc.

I went into settings and set the mAh to 450 and it didn't change.

Any thoughts on this? 

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #2,504 of 3,645
Really frustrated. Can't find root directory in my iPod after doing this. Can't get the system to recognize it as a storage device. Tried changing view options to see hidden folders, but nothing happens. What do I do?

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #2,505 of 3,645
Quote:
Hello all!

My first post, and I started an account to do so.

I picked up an old iPod Classic 6th gen (80 gb) to use on my mountain bike rides. 

I got the latest rock Box installed, with the latest Emcore as well.

It works great, everything I've tried to do is great.

Only thing is, the battery misreads, and jumps around everywhere (percentage wise)

I'll plug it in, it'll say 100%, unplug, 40%, plug it in, 90%...etc.

I went into settings and set the mAh to 450 and it didn't change.

Any thoughts on this? 

With a build that goes into charging mode, the display is inaccurate during charging. (It shows a very low percentage compared to the truth.) However once it is fully charged, it should read 100%. Unplugged, the display is very stable and accurate.

Not sure if your newer build is going into charging mode. If not, it seems to show very fast charging but this does not necessarily reflect the correct battery level once unplugged. My view on this known: builds that do not go into charging mode are problematic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back