Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
May 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #2,461 of 3,645
Quote:
So in the instance of the Fostex amp/DAC, the DAC wouldn't work, but the amp portion still would right?

I went down the dark road of "one product to solve all audio problems."  Instead all I end up with is a "jack of all trades and master of none." Simply amp that Rockbox.  Or buy another dedicated portable source.

May 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #2,463 of 3,645
I'm not allowed in the portable setup thread (was the reason I got banned) so I'll ask here. Best portable amp under 100 bones?

May 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #2,465 of 3,645
May 18, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #2,468 of 3,645
Lately one of my rockboxed 7g's started acting strange. It shuts off a while after I connect it to my laptop thru the USB charging cable and I have to reboot it by pressing the selection and menu buttons. The HDD seems fine when I play music and act normally. Is this a rockbox issue?

May 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #2,469 of 3,645
Quote:
Lately one of my rockboxed 7g's started acting strange. It shuts off a while after I connect it to my laptop thru the USB charging cable and I have to reboot it by pressing the selection and menu buttons. The HDD seems fine when I play music and act normally. Is this a rockbox issue?

Doesn't sound familiair to me. Now that I think of it, I never had a single crash or error in the last year...
cool.gif

What RB build are you using? Any exotic emCore version?

May 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2,470 of 3,645
Quote:

Doesn't sound familiair to me. Now that I think of it, I never had a single crash or error in the last year...
cool.gif

What RB build are you using? Any exotic emCore version?

I am using RB 01112013 and emCORE v0.2.3 R859.

Edit: Now when I clicks on COMPUTER, it shows up as a drive in grey (see below). Then if I clicks on the drive it shows nothing. It does not show up in the disk management.

May 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #2,471 of 3,645
First time poster here.  I just RB'd my brand new 160GB 7g after reading all 165 pages of this thread. 
eek.gif

I used Emcore r859 and rock box version 120802, based on some of the comments here.  So far so good. I had been using Winamp to transfer files, and I have never installed Itunes on my computer.  (Hopefully never will.)

The installation seems to have gone smoothly, and I am just now adding a few songs to test the everything out.
Just wanted to give a big thanks to all who contributed to this thread and helped me make the decision to get rockbox. 
smile_phones.gif

May 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #2,472 of 3,645
Quote:
First time poster here.  I just RB'd my brand new 160GB 7g after reading all 165 pages of this thread. 
eek.gif

I used Emcore r859 and rock box version 120802, based on some of the comments here.  So far so good. I had been using Winamp to transfer files, and I have never installed Itunes on my computer.  (Hopefully never will.)

The installation seems to have gone smoothly, and I am just now adding a few songs to test the everything out.
Just wanted to give a big thanks to all who contributed to this thread and helped me make the decision to get rockbox. 
smile_phones.gif

beerchug.gif

May 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #2,473 of 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fra Diavolo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

time poster here.  I just RB'd my brand new 160GB 7g after reading all 165 pages of this thread. 
eek.gif

smile_phones.gif

All 165 pages. I am impressed!

Welcome. Glad that it is working out.

May 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #2,474 of 3,645
Welcome. I think the only disadvantage , if you can even call it that, of installing rockbox straight out of the box is that you dont get to appreciate the night and day sound difference between rockbox versus the original firmware. 

May 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #2,475 of 3,645
I got all the music loaded in about 2 1/2 hours (110 GB worth) and the database initialized much faster than I expected.  Everything is working beautifully.

Cooperpwc - Thanks!  I am also using your version of the cabbie theme.  It is perfect for my needs.

808Ronin - I used the OF for about a week.  Just not with itunes. 
Thanks for the welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back