Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
May 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #2,416 of 3,645
Postscript:  My Classic just charged to 100% and then entered trickle mode. When I unplugged it, it held at 100%. Recently, prior to my re-installation to Aroldan's excellent v.120802, it has not been getting much past 94%.

So this proper charging mode does make a difference.

I'm happy.

May 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #2,417 of 3,645
Quote:

The way you want it. You can put all the single files on the root, or make folders and subfolder and subsubsubsubsubfolders :)
You can transfer music by drag&drop or by using any decent music sync software.

Just going to mimic the Sansa Clip layout then

May 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #2,418 of 3,645
Quote:
Postscript:  My Classic just charged to 100% and then entered trickle mode. When I unplugged it, it held at 100%. Recently, prior to my re-installation to Aroldan's excellent v.120802, it has not been getting much past 94%.

I'm happy.

So did you just end up following the guide from post 1?  I'm planning on doing this to my 6th Gen once I get it mailed to me next week.  I was just gonna use all the links from the guide on the first post to get it installed.  Is that no longer the reccommended procedure?

May 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #2,419 of 3,645
Quote:
So did you just end up following the guide from post 1?  I'm planning on doing this to my 6th Gen once I get it mailed to me next week.  I was just gonna use all the links from the guide on the first post to get it installed.  Is that no longer the recommended procedure?

I was scared all to hell before doing it but finally sucked it up and did it last night. It isn't nearly as hard as you think, just make sure you pay attention to the instructions

May 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #2,420 of 3,645
Quote:

I was scared all to hell before doing it but finally sucked it up and did it last night. It isn't nearly as hard as you think, just make sure you pay attention to the instructions

Thanks dude! I've installed it on my 5th gen, I was just checking to see if those links in the instructions are still recommended or if there are better builds out nowadays!

May 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,422 of 3,645
Quote:

I'm happy.

Good to hear.

I rushed home from work and reinstalled EmCore r859. The UI is snappy again as you stated but i remain using the latest daily build(from a few days ago). I want to try and charge it and see what happens but my battery is hovering around 94% and when plugged into charger im just getting the "trickle" charge symbol. Im going run it down a little and see if i can get the lightning bolt and the elusive 100%.

May 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,424 of 3,645
szwety, I followed the instructions exactly - except that at the final step of unzipping Rockbox into the root directory of my Classic, I used a different build. 

Aroldan's builds are found here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_. I see that he has kept the  9-month old 120802 build on there. It's probably because of my endless harping praise.  :)

May 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #2,425 of 3,645
Quote:

Good to hear.

I rushed home from work and reinstalled EmCore r859. The UI is snappy again as you stated but i remain using the latest daily build(from a few days ago). I want to try and charge it and see what happens but my battery is hovering around 94% and when plugged into charger im just getting the "trickle" charge symbol. Im going run it down a little and see if i can get the lightning bolt and the elusive 100%.

Remember that it won't enter charging mode unless your battery is below 90% - even if the feature is working.

Let us know how the daily builds work out.

May 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2,426 of 3,645
Quote:
szwety, I followed the instructions exactly - except that at the final step of unzipping Rockbox into the root directory of my Classic, I used a different build. 

Aroldan's builds are found here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_. I see that he has kept the  9-month old 120802 build on there. It's probably because of my endless harping praise.  :)

Ahh gotcha, I guess I'll give them both a try, thanks!

May 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #2,427 of 3,645
What is the significance of different components listed on the freemyipod builds page like emcore, emcore-installer, emcore-loader and umsboot and all the different types of files listed under them? All I did for rockboxing my ipod was whats in the OP. I would like to know what these files do so I can keep my pod updated with the latest development. Thanks.

May 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #2,428 of 3,645
im using daily build from rockbox 0130507
i just rockboxed my classic few days ago, and first time rockboxed a device
it works well and no lag or anything for me, except for one time my database just sort of duplicated (all music files became doubled)
it can be charged to 100% and no problems at all
but you cannot get out from usb mode after you plugged it in as 1st post says to press the select button
is it recommend to update from the daily builds on a regular basis? thanks all
ps. rockbox is great 

May 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #2,429 of 3,645
Im back to alrodans 120802 build and EmCore r859 and everything works better. I got 100% charge reading on battery and everything is running smoother and quick. Only thing i noticed is most of the pre set eq settings were left over from newer builds, no longer work. I dont use them anyways so i deleted them and left only the  original 13 that were included with the 120802 build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back