Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Nov 28, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #1,861 of 3,645
putente, I am afraid that I am turning into a crusty dinosaur on the topic of new builds. 120802 is working so flawlessly that, absent a demonstrable reason to upgrade, I am sticking with the tried and true. :)

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #1,863 of 3,645
Quote:
putente, I am afraid that I am turning into a crusty dinosaur on the topic of new builds. 120802 is working so flawlessly that, absent a demonstrable reason to upgrade, I am sticking with the tried and true. :)

Your biggest problem with the most recent releases was the charging icon and what else? The charging icon issue seems to be resolved...

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #1,865 of 3,645
Quote:
I had a problem using a theme after installing an aroldan build. Worked fine after a fresh install of the regular dev builds.

Same here. The RetroTape theme does not like aroldan...
Quote:

Look at the opening post, at "Installation". You probably just need the font-pack!

Even with the font pack I can't get RetroTape to work with aroldan builds.

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #1,866 of 3,645
Hi, guys, I am new to this thread. It took so long for me to go through the entire thread, so I could've missed some posts. I do remember aroldan mentioned like 20 pages ago that he was working on the two versions working default on two sampling rates, 44 or 48khz. Are they released? How could I tell? Thanks in advance.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #1,867 of 3,645
Quote:
Hi, guys, I am new to this thread. It took so long for me to go through the entire thread, so I could've missed some posts. I do remember aroldan mentioned like 20 pages ago that he was working on the two versions working default on two sampling rates, 44 or 48khz. Are they released? How could I tell? Thanks in advance.

I don't think it has.  Its on aroldan and I's TODO list, but I'm not certain how much work its going to be.  First we'd need to figure out if the Classic driver can actually clock at 48k (it looks like it thinks it can, but I think aroldan said it didn't work right).  then we'd have to go through and fix any places in the DSP and buffering code that assume playback is 44.1k.  Not sure how much work that would be.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #1,868 of 3,645
Same here. The RetroTape theme does not like aroldan...
Even with the font pack I can't get RetroTape to work with aroldan builds.

there must be something wrong with what you are doing, i too am using aroldan builds and RetroTape is working on my end. have you tried re-downloading the theme and re-copying it to their respective folders?

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,869 of 3,645
RetroTape works with Aroldan builds for me too. (I have done a couple of mods to show EQ and Xfeed but nothing worth posting.)

(putente, my understanding is that the charging icon is still not working as before; I don't actually care about the icon so much as what it represents. Anyway I may play around at some point but it is low priority.)

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #1,870 of 3,645
If you are having issues with a certain version I would try deleting the .rockbox folder completely and starting fresh. Although rare, I have had problems with merging .rockbox folders to upgrade.

Also, I'd like to say that after misplacing my 160gb classic for about 6 months, I have found it and am enjoying it immensely. Rockbox on this player is incredible.

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #1,871 of 3,645
Quote:
RetroTape works with Aroldan builds for me too. (I have done a couple of mods to show EQ and Xfeed but nothing worth posting.)

Okay I will reverse myself and post for those that might be interested. I like the EQ display in particular. It utilizes the Noise Reduction checkboxes in the Menu screen.

For the EQ display, go into the WPS folder and add the following to the RetroTape SBS file:

# Info Equalizer
%V(108,15,50,10,0)%Vf(000000)
%al%?St(eq enabled)<X|    X>
#

For the Crossfeed display, go into the WPS folder and add the following to the RetroTape WPS file:

# Info Xfeed
%V(257,162,21,7,3)%Vf(2a2a2a)
%ar%?St(crossfeed)<|Mr|Cm>
#

(Note: This Crossfeed display only works properly with Aroldan's builds which have the three-way crossfeed switch. The EQ display will work with all builds.)

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #1,872 of 3,645
Quote:
there must be something wrong with what you are doing, i too am using aroldan builds and RetroTape is working on my end. have you tried re-downloading the theme and re-copying it to their respective folders?

Quote:

(putente, my understanding is that the charging icon is still not working as before; I don't actually care about the icon so much as what it represents. Anyway I may play around at some point but it is low priority.)

Hmmm. I'll have to give it another try.
The problem I'm having is the font gets large and runs through(overlaps) everything.
I haven't done anything special to the files. Just dropped them in their prospective places. I've actually tried to load, fresh, twice both aroldans build and Retrotape.

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,873 of 3,645
Considering RB is such a powerful tool, I wonder if it is possible to bypass ipod's internal DAC, and use an external DAC to decode music files. Just like ipod works as a music store room and controller, while external DAC takes care of music playing.

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #1,874 of 3,645
Quote:
Considering RB is such a powerful tool, I wonder if it is possible to bypass ipod's internal DAC, and use an external DAC to decode music files. Just like ipod works as a music store room and controller, while external DAC takes care of music playing.

this is exactly what these 2 devices do - http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/HP-P1.shtml and http://cypherlabs.com/product
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back