Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Nov 25, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #1,846 of 3,645
Quote:
aroldan's 121124 now available
wink.gif

Thanks for the info! I'm going to update right away! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #1,849 of 3,645
Quote:

Actually, I'm forgetting how this works.  From the code:

/* 6g has a standard battery of 550mAh, except for the thick 6g (2007 160gb) which has a standard battery of 850mAh */

So for the thick models, it should be 850 mah.

By the way, like I said above this only impacts runtime estimation, not battery levels. You don't need to know how large a battery is to know how much charge it has, so this setting has no impact on the battery meter.

Turns out runtime estimation was disabled on the 6G, so the battery capacity setting actually did nothing at all.  I've enabled it in 5a14958.  

Also, I fixed building the UI simulator.  

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #1,852 of 3,645
Quote:
I've already posted my patches dir. Also, when I don't give a changelog it's because I only updated to the latest RB commit, the moment I made the build. In this case, the latest commit was this (yours by the way):

http://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.git;a=commit;h=d594b361330e6570b36ebd70c1a5aedfb0c76160

I know you provided them when I asked, but the idea is that people using your build should be able to get its exact source code.  So at minimum, they need:

1)  To know the exact patches used
2)  To know the exact git branch used
3)  where to get those patches

So if I want to reproduce the source (perhaps to fix a bug or test something) of "rockbox-ipod6g-135a333M-120501.zip", I can't do it since i don't know which git hash you started with nor which patches you applied.

FWIW, there is a really simple way to comply with the GPL when distributing binaries.  Just do a 'git diff > patch.diff' and add that to the zip.  Then name the zip off of the rockbox git hash you forked from.  That gives someone everything they need.  

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #1,853 of 3,645
Quote:

This is exactly why I haven't purchased one of these latest 160GB iPod's yet. It's only an option for me with Rockbox, but I'm affraid of those stability issues... According to the Rockbox page, the port is stable and it's just missing the installer, dual boot support, recording and accessory support. But this info is a bit vague, and mentions little about stability... See here: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/IpodClassicPort

I apologize if I missed any new developments. Would anyone please tell me if the recording function is working on iPod classic with Rockbox? If recording function is working, which recorder hardware should I use for line-in stereo recording? Thanks so much.

For line-in stereo recording, I have been using a RB'ed iPod Video with a "XtremeMac IPV-MIC-00 MicroMemo Digital Voice Recorder", which produces generally good sound quality.

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #1,854 of 3,645
Quote:
I apologize if I missed any new developments. Would anyone please tell me if the recording function is working on iPod classic with Rockbox? If recording function is working, which recorder should I use for line-in stereo recording? Thanks so much.

For line-in stereo recording, I have been using a RB'ed iPod Video with a "XtremeMac IPV-MIC-00 MicroMemo Digital Voice Recorder", which produces generally good sound quality.

I think the port status is still the same as it was back then. What as been resolved be the updates since then are minor bugs and issues... 

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,855 of 3,645
Gladly to report 121124 build works far exceeding my expectation. I sit my 7th gen IPod classic on an Apple HIFI speaker. Although the charge icon did not show, I'm pretty sure the battery still got charged. The best part is the accessory mode worked too with a trick -- plugin a line-in cable on the back of the HIFI speaker. 
WOW!

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #1,857 of 3,645
I use the iClassic theme and wish the interface/controls were identical to the original firmware (is there a plugin for that?)

I basically use Rockbox because I like having a filesystem to chuck my music it from linux without messing with Floola/iTunes/gtkPod/YamiPod/SharePod/etc trying to write with Apple's proprietary stuff..

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #1,859 of 3,645
Every theme that I have downloaded works fine with Aroldan's builds. I have also been blessed with no installation or computer connection problems. Experiences seem to vary greatly and I am not sure why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back