Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Nov 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #1,834 of 3,645
Quote:

Really? I always wondered about that... That might explain why I get wildly varying readings on my battery levels.

So what IS the default setting? I think I may have played around with it to see what it did and might have confused my player of what my battery is capable of.

Actually, I'm forgetting how this works.  From the code:

/* 6g has a standard battery of 550mAh, except for the thick 6g (2007 160gb) which has a standard battery of 850mAh */

So for the thick models, it should be 850 mah.

By the way, like I said above this only impacts runtime estimation, not battery levels. You don't need to know how large a battery is to know how much charge it has, so this setting has no impact on the battery meter.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #1,836 of 3,645
I´m thinking about install rockbox in my 7G, but there is differents opinions about if it can improve sq. In the case of 5G I know it´s true, but in the case of 7G is there aren´t any improvement I´d prefer to follow with Apple firmware.

Can somebody tell me his experience?

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #1,837 of 3,645
Quote:
I´m thinking about install rockbox in my 7G, but there is differents opinions about if it can improve sq. In the case of 5G I know it´s true, but in the case of 7G is there aren´t any improvement I´d prefer to follow with Apple firmware.

Just try it. You can always revert back to the Apple firmware...

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #1,838 of 3,645

There is no improvement in sound quality for any iPod, but a more flexible eq and some extra DSP features.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #1,840 of 3,645
Quote:
There is no improvement in sound quality for any iPod, but a more flexible eq and some extra DSP features.

I feel my rockboxed 160G is much better than before in SQ. 

The hardware didn't change....you just have more customization of the sound available.
Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus running ICS

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #1,842 of 3,645
Quote:
The hardware didn't change....you just have more customization of the sound available.
Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus running ICS

Yeah.  Pretty much the only way it'll sound better is if you had the EU volume cap in the original firmware (and you consider louder to be better), or if you are using DSP (and consider our DSP to be better).  But if you set the volume to be the same and turn off all effects the output is the same ... because its still the same hardware.  

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #1,843 of 3,645
Quote:

Yeah.  Pretty much the only way it'll sound better is if you had the EU volume cap in the original firmware (and you consider louder to be better), or if you are using DSP (and consider our DSP to be better).  But if you set the volume to be the same and turn off all effects the output is the same ... because its still the same hardware.  

Same volume, no effects : Rockboxed one sounds better than original iPod.  At least for me.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,844 of 3,645
Same volume, no effects : Rockboxed one sounds better than original iPod.  At least for me.

Find a sample were the effect is obvious, record it with the apple firmware and Rockbox and then file a bug report so that whatever is wrong gets fixed. Probably though you'll find its just your imagination. People looked pretty carefully at the driver on the classic and it should be working correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back