Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Nov 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #1,804 of 3,645
Complete newb to rockbox, other than an attempt back in 2003.... I've read a bit of this thread, but brass tacks here; is it stable on the 7G Classic? Thanks for a great thread.

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #1,805 of 3,645
Quote:
Complete newb to rockbox, other than an attempt back in 2003.... I've read a bit of this thread, but brass tacks here; is it stable on the 7G Classic? Thanks for a great thread.

Yes, it's stable. Please read the first post, as all the info you need is there...

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,807 of 3,645
Quote:
Yes, I tried all of them. Nothing worked.

I think the problem is the USB implementation of the Rockbox builds of the last months. The old fallback image in Emcore works fine.

A few people have had trouble with it due to some changes last year IIRC.  If you have an older build that works, you'll need to use that.  Otherwise, theres not much you can do until someone gets around to debugging the USB driver some more.  

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #1,808 of 3,645
Yes, I tried all of them. Nothing worked.

I think the problem is the USB implementation of the Rockbox builds of the last months. The old fallback image in Emcore works fine.

You're right, same for me. I use fallback image to transfer files.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #1,810 of 3,645
Quote:
Fixed it. Rockbox working!

Great! I can't even imagine using the Classic without Rockboox... 
beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #1,811 of 3,645
Putente, What build are you using now if you dont mind me asking? How is your battery life?  I havent heard much feedback regarding the newer builds. I am using the 120802 build which has worked flawless but i was wondering if i may be missing out on something in the newer builds. Thanks

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #1,814 of 3,645
Quote:
Putente, What build are you using now if you dont mind me asking? How is your battery life?  I havent heard much feedback regarding the newer builds. I am using the 120802 build which has worked flawless but i was wondering if i may be missing out on something in the newer builds. Thanks

I'm using aroldan's latest build, as I've been updating my Classic with his builds as soon as he releases them! I'm not exactly sure about the battery life on mine, but I'd guess it's above 24 hours easilly! I haven't charged it for almost 2 weeks, I been listening to it around 1 hour a day and last saturday I was trying a new IEM and had a long listening session of 6 or 7 hours. Last night it still had above 20% of battery left! I only use FLAC files, no EQ (or other effects) and always with external amping without any volume on the HO (not sure if this affects the battery life or not)... 
cool.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #1,815 of 3,645
Quote:

I'm using aroldan's latest build, as I've been updating my Classic with his builds as soon as he releases them! I'm not exactly sure about the battery life on mine, but I'd guess it's above 24 hours easilly! I haven't charged it for almost 2 weeks, I been listening to it around 1 hour a day and last saturday I was trying a new IEM and had a long listening session of 6 or 7 hours. Last night it still had above 20% of battery left! I only use FLAC files, no EQ (or other effects) and always with external amping without any volume on the HO (not sure if this affects the battery life or not)... 
cool.gif

I have been reluctent to upgrade only because forum member COOPERPWC stated recently that using the newest build he was having problems with charging. You havent experienced this i assume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back