Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Oct 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #1,561 of 3,645
Quote:

Wow, I just realized it's already posted! Sweet... 
cool.gif

You guys have provided a valuable service. Be proud.

I am sorry that a few people are having problems getting this to work. I hope that new readers understand that for most of us, there have been no problems - just a learning curve. Once you have Rockboxed your Classic, I really think that there is no going back to the limitations of the original firmware. Rockbox is a beautiful thing.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #1,562 of 3,645
Am I reading that first post correctly......10-band EQ???
On my Sansa devices the "traditional" Rockbox is only a 5-band EQ.....so a 10-band would be pretty epic.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #1,564 of 3,645
I suggest you to also link the font package which solved my theme problems in the new (shiny :) ) FAQ. The package does not come with emCORE and it is quite hidden in the rockbox-homepage.
Without it most of the themes won't work.

Here is the download-link: http://download.rockbox.org/release/3.11.2/rockbox-fonts-3.11.2.zip
(Source: http://www.rockbox.org/download/byhand.cgi )

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #1,565 of 3,645
Oct 5, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #1,566 of 3,645
Quote:
I suggest you to also link the font package which solved my theme problems in the new (shiny :) ) FAQ. The package does not come with emCORE and it is quite hidden in the rockbox-homepage.
Without it most of the themes won't work.

Here is the download-link: http://download.rockbox.org/release/3.11.2/rockbox-fonts-3.11.2.zip
(Source: http://www.rockbox.org/download/byhand.cgi )

^ This ^

and the official download page for the Classic, http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=ipod6g
Many people don't know that there are official daily builds.

Oct 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #1,567 of 3,645
Okay did some tricks with my 160gb, and finally got the database to update. It was a tricky situation. Anyway, I redid my 240gb, and it has almost 7k songs, and still working great. What you do is, reboot after putting more music on it. Then go to settings/database/auto update:yes/Update now:yes. Then reboot, then it should update the database. This will only be useful for people that want to randomize artist, albums, genres, etc.... Like I like doing. So hope that helps, any questions. I will try and answer them for you. I will update as I slowly fill it up. It will take a while though. lol

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #1,568 of 3,645
I'm still having issues with my 160gb classic being seen by my PC.  Now, I get an error message that the drive needs to be formatted every time I connect my iPod to any of my PCs.  The iPod plays fine using Rockbox, but whenever it gets connected, I get prompted to format the drive.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,569 of 3,645
Quote:
I'm still having issues with my 160gb classic being seen by my PC.  Now, I get an error message that the drive needs to be formatted every time I connect my iPod to any of my PCs.  The iPod plays fine using Rockbox, but whenever it gets connected, I get prompted to format the drive.

What EmCORE and Rockbox version are you on? And can't you still access the drive if you click 'cancel' on the question if you want to format? That worked for me in (way) earlier versions of emcore, but I haven't seen this error ever again.

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #1,570 of 3,645
Quote:

What EmCORE and Rockbox version are you on? And can't you still access the drive if you click 'cancel' on the question if you want to format? That worked for me in (way) earlier versions of emcore, but I haven't seen this error ever again.

EmCore=859, Rockbox=0926 alrodan build.  I synched with no problems earlier this week so I'm not sure what's going on now, but this happens on both of my computers.   If I hit cancel, the computer still does not see any of the directories on the drive.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #1,571 of 3,645
EmCore=859, Rockbox=0926 alrodan build.  I synched with no problems earlier this week so I'm not sure what's going on now, but this happens on both of my computers.   If I hit cancel, the computer still does not see any of the directories on the drive.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling it in the device manager?

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #1,572 of 3,645
Quote:
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling it in the device manager?

Yes.  I'm thinking maybe the HD is starting to fail?   I've been having issues running Rockbox and have gone through a few iterations of re-loading everything.  Last week the iPod was stuck in a system restore loop.  iTunes keep telling me it need to be restored, and then at the end it would say the restore failed.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #1,573 of 3,645
Yes.  I'm thinking maybe the HD is starting to fail?   I've been having issues running Rockbox and have gone through a few iterations of re-loading everything.  Last week the iPod was stuck in a system restore loop.  iTunes keep telling me it need to be restored, and then at the end it would say the restore failed.

Yeah that doesn't sound normal...

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #1,574 of 3,645
Quote:

True, that's not normal and your problem has too many diferent issues... Is your iPod new or/and under still warranty? From your problem description, I'm affraid you should consider that your iPod is probably broken... 
frown.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #1,575 of 3,645
Yeah it's quite possible. I flip ipods on the side, for a little extra income. I can repair and replace a majority of the parts. I replaced a hard drive in a 160 6th classic. And it works great. Try to get a 160gb hard drive cheap on ebay or go for 240gb :D Good luck man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back