Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Sep 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #1,366 of 3,645
I'm using aroldan's latest build RB and cooperpwc's x-feed mod with success! Thank you both, but you should stay off the placebos! I can't hear any difference between builds... 
tongue.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #1,367 of 3,645
Quote:

Great! Thank you!

The remaining battery percentage is an average of power use of the last minutes. Give it some time to stabilize.

The USB bug is already reported and it's being investigated: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12743?project=1&type=2&order=dateopened&sort=desc

I feel stupid saying this, but my ipod is a 7g. Cant believe i didnt already come to think of it. Now after putting on the appropriate build everything seems to be working perfectly. My bad but thanks anyway aroldan!

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #1,368 of 3,645
im still trying to figure this out, maybe someone would be kind enough to help me out with some of this.

i have the 160gb classic (dont know what generation)

do i need to do the EmCore latest release first then the Rockbox installer?

will this format my ipod?

and is aroldans latest build an official RB release or is it open source and that is his version?

thanks

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #1,369 of 3,645
Quote:
im still trying to figure this out, maybe someone would be kind enough to help me out with some of this.

i have the 160gb classic (dont know what generation)

do i need to do the EmCore latest release first then the Rockbox installer?

will this format my ipod?

and is aroldans latest build an official RB release or is it open source and that is his version?

thanks

Rockbox is free software. I just put it together, along with some custom patches (free as well). By the way, if anyone wants to see my patches, they're here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bnavehlrmgh0zlt/OJqZGzLrEb

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #1,370 of 3,645
Quote:

Rockbox is free software. I just put it together, along with some custom patches (free as well). By the way, if anyone wants to see my patches, they're here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bnavehlrmgh0zlt/OJqZGzLrEb

ah ok thanks aroldan

its installed and looking good (was a lot easyer than i thought :) )

prob a stupid question but where do i put my music do i have to create that folder myself cause i cant see one and can i have a separate folder for flac and mp3?

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #1,371 of 3,645
I've been using the 120802 build for several weeks now with my 160gb classic, and now all of a sudden I cannot get my PC/laptop to recognize the ipod when I connect via USB.  I am running Windows7 and I have tried re-connecting/re-booting everything and nothing is working.  Prior to this, I had intermittent problems connecting but it would connect usually within 1 or 2 re-tries.  The laptop doesn't have an issue recognizing it when I boot to UMSboot.  Any thoughts?

edit: I just cleared the rockbox configuration and cleared the database and now my laptop can see it.  not sure why I had to do that, but it seemed to work.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #1,373 of 3,645
I have a Custom Crossfeed setting on the Rockboxed Classic that I am really enjoying with the ES5 CIEMs. This is quite different than the default settings. It keeps the centered vocals and bass essentially unchanged from Crossfeed off but creates a more relaxed soundstage that is less fatiguing to me ears.

Direct Gain: -0.5dB
Cross gain -12dB
High-Frequency Attenuation: -12dB
High-Frequency Cutoff: 500 Hz

We will see how these settings wear over time. They might evolve or I might go back to not using Crossfeed with the ES5. Right now I am finding them quite compelling.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #1,374 of 3,645
Quote:
I have a Custom Crossfeed setting on the Rockboxed Classic that I am really enjoying with the ES5 CIEMs. This is quite different than the default settings. It keeps the centered vocals and bass essentially unchanged from Crossfeed off but creates a more relaxed soundstage that is less fatiguing to me ears.

Direct Gain: -0.5dB
Cross gain -12dB
High-Frequency Attenuation: -12dB
High-Frequency Cutoff: 500 Hz

We will see how these settings wear over time. They might evolve or I might go back to not using Crossfeed with the ES5. Right now I am finding them quite compelling.

I'm using your settings (and of course aroldan's latest build) and everything is as smooth as it can be.
.. Which brings me to my question: is it possible to make my computer sound exactly like the sound from my rockboxed iPod?
While my pc's soundcard isn't too bad, I've noticed that I can't raise the treble too much or it will "cut" my ears, and too much bass drowns the rest of the song.
I'm using foobar to play music, and I really don't want to change to some other software. I've tried winamp, but apparently the same happens there.. almost.

Now, having my computer play the same sound as my ipod with its current settings would be heaven.

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #1,375 of 3,645
MiXor, there are lots of plug-ins for Foobar including the basic Crossfeed, Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP and others. None will work exactly the same as Rockbox but they might do a good (or even better) job.

I don't currently use crossfeed in Foobar. (I was never much interested in crossfeed until I had the opportunity to try the Phonitor and realised that well implemented, it can be worthwhile. The Phonitor's crossfeed is still in a category of one. Incredible.)

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #1,376 of 3,645
The 'Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP'-plugin for Foobar has a 'J.Meir' pre-set, it's very close to the sound of RockBox's version .
It would be great with a 'Phonitor crossfeed' plugin, not only does the crossfeed sound great on it's own, the 'centre-control' makes it near perfect ..

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #1,378 of 3,645

Okay, here is a fairly obscure update to the Cabbie Classic theme for those who are using my Crossfeed indicator on the previous page. If you want a stronger indication that Crossfeed is enabled, you can have an LED light up beside the Numeric Volume and Crossfeed indicator in the WPS.

First click on the above image and save that. Then rename it "Xfeed-led.bmp". (Head-Fi demands that the file type be changed to the strange .x-ms-bmp so you have to change it back.) Place the resulting bitmap in the .rockbox/wps/CabbieClassic folder.

Then add the following to the CabbieClassic.wps file in the .rockbox/wps folder. (I put it below the entry for Numeric Volume and Info Xfeed):

#Xfeed LED
%xl(X,Xfeed-led.bmp,0,0,3)
%V(150,172,11,10,-)
%?St(crossfeed)<%xd(Xa)|%xd(Xb)|%xd(Xc)>
#

I am not sure that this will be of any interest but I personally think that it looks pretty cool.  :)

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #1,380 of 3,645
i'm having the same usb issue. windows 7 64bit but clearing the database didn't do anything.

i just reinstalled and used that same port and it worked once or twice before my computer stopped recognizing it. it's now "unknown usb device" and if i try to update the drivers i get BSOD.

my laptop works fine (XP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back