Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
May 19, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #3,304 of 3,645
  Thank you, rvcjew

No problem, that drove me crazy for a while I thought my USB stack was messed up but was told that's how it is on windows atm with current builds by Saint over in the irc at rockbox.

May 20, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #3,305 of 3,645
  Basically any new build on Windows will not mount correctly, you need to hold select and menu and when it reboots hold menu and then scroll to the right and under settings launch the fall back image. Then your Windows will see the drive. When you are done do the same but don't hold menu when it reboots to get back into the normal build.

EDIT: you just said PC not Windows my bad, do you have windows?

How new is 'new'?  Mine works fine under windows 7, in fact it seems more reliable when syncing than older builds.  Though by new I mean dev builds from about a month ago.  Have even newer builds got an issue with windows 7?

May 20, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #3,306 of 3,645

How new is 'new'?  Mine works fine under windows 7, in fact it seems more reliable when syncing than older builds.  Though by new I mean dev builds from about a month ago.  Have even newer builds got an issue with windows 7?

Whats your version of 7 32 vs 64 and motherboard model? I think its been this way for a very long time for some.

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #3,308 of 3,645
Hello,

I tried creating folders and subfolders on the root of my iPod Classic 160GB so I could copy/paste music but first, while creating those folders with subfolders inside and it would freeze, and second, while coping m4a music songs over and I would get some error asking if I want to correct or something and at that point the iPod disconnects itself from my PC.

Could someone please help?

Thank you,

Jun 22, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #3,310 of 3,645
Hello,

I tried creating folders and subfolders on the root of my iPod Classic 160GB so I could copy/paste music but first, while creating those folders with subfolders inside and it would freeze, and second, while coping m4a music songs over and I would get some error asking if I want to correct or something and at that point the iPod disconnects itself from my PC.

Could someone please help?

Thank you,

What version of emcore and Rockbox are you on? Are you connecting it to a USB 2.0 port?

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #3,313 of 3,645
And was it working properly before? Have you tried it with several Rockbox builds? Does it behave the same way when you connect it to a different computer? You could also try it with the backup image from Emcore.

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #3,314 of 3,645
And was it working properly before? Have you tried it with several Rockbox builds? Does it behave the same way when you connect it to a different computer? You could also try it with the backup image from Emcore.

I never tried copying music to it before. No I have not tried different Rockbox builds. How would I try this like how to install a different build? I don't have another computer to try this on and have no one that I could try this on their computer.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #3,315 of 3,645
The instructions for updating Rockbox are in the first post. And in the menu of Emcore it's Tools -> fallback image. That build is a little slow, but a proper USB connection seems to work most of the time on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back