Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Nov 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #2,838 of 3,645
It probably doesn't apply cleanly, but the patch just changes a single character so that its checking NOT EQUAL instead of EQUAL, so its probably pretty trivial to find that file and change it yourself.  

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #2,841 of 3,645
Correct ... You need to input to USB on the E17 to use the DAC part of the gear.

Which (as far as I know) you can't do with an iPod.. Even with rockbox 
frown.gif

Looks like we are still in LOD land! 

Which I personally don't mind. I'm a huge fan of the E17, and think it pairs nicely with the iPod classic (current gen).

Nov 30, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #2,842 of 3,645
after a couple of tries, it still doesn't work at all for me. 

It says my ipod is on macpod files, and only winpod files work. I restored it on a windows computer, logged it back to my mac (without re-overwriting it naturally!!) and it still tells me the same thing! 

so frustrating! it's a 5 gen video, it should work....no idea why it doesn't!!

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #2,843 of 3,645
  after a couple of tries, it still doesn't work at all for me. 

It says my ipod is on macpod files, and only winpod files work. I restored it on a windows computer, logged it back to my mac (without re-overwriting it naturally!!) and it still tells me the same thing! 

so frustrating! it's a 5 gen video, it should work....no idea why it doesn't!!

Read carefully with stuff like flashing alternative firmware! The information in this topic is about the 6th generation iPod, the Classic. On the 5th generation iPod, the Video, you need to use the Rockbox Utility. You can find it here: www.rockbox.org/download/

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #2,844 of 3,645
Read carefully with stuff like flashing alternative firmware! The information in this topic is about the 6th generation iPod, the Classic. On the 5th generation iPod, the Video, you need to use the Rockbox Utility. You can find it here: www.rockbox.org/download/

thats exactly what i did....

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2,847 of 3,645
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any other suggested fixes to my problem, which is listed a page back?  I appreciate all the help that has been offered, but I still cannot correct the problem I am having.

Thank you.

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #2,848 of 3,645
  Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any other suggested fixes to my problem, which is listed a page back?  I appreciate all the help that has been offered, but I still cannot correct the problem I am having.

Thank you.

Have you tried a different pc? Are you using a Windows pc?
If you keep the Processes tab in the Windows Task Manager open while killing all the Apple processes and putting your Classic in DFU mode you can keep checking if the Apple processes don't re-appear. That's at least what happened to me a couple of times; something like iPodsrvc or iTunesmngr came back just as I got in DFU mode. By quickly killing them yet again (
biggrin.gif
) I managed to get proper access to the 64MB-sized disk. Once it's copied you could perform some kind of sumcheck to see if it was transferred completely. That's all I can think of now...

Edit: or some antivirus is messing with your activities. There are some tricks in the FAQ of the first post, but you've probably read them already based on your frustration/disappointment.

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #2,849 of 3,645

Have you tried a different pc? Are you using a Windows pc?
If you keep the Processes tab in the Windows Task Manager open while killing all the Apple processes and putting your Classic in DFU mode you can keep checking if the Apple processes don't re-appear. That's at least what happened to me a couple of times; something like iPodsrvc or iTunesmngr came back just as I got in DFU mode. By quickly killing them yet again (
biggrin.gif
) I managed to get proper access to the 64MB-sized disk. Once it's copied you could perform some kind of sumcheck to see if it was transferred completely. That's all I can think of now...

Edit: or some antivirus is messing with your activities. There are some tricks in the FAQ of the first post, but you've probably read them already based on your frustration/disappointment.

I am using a Windows PC.  In terms of the processes, I was making sure that no iPod or Apple-related processes would show up.  I also made sure to disable antivirus.  I have to be honest, however - I have not attempted this on another PC.  Reason being, I am on university residence right now and do not want to start bothering people I know to let me use their computers to tinker with for my iPod.  Thus, this last final potential fix will have to wait at least another week.  What bothers me is that I am using the same laptop now that I used in the past, at which time I was able to load RockBox onto my iPod.  Only difference is I upgraded to Windows 8, now 8.1 (ya, flame me all you want, but I like Windows 8).  That's it.

Dec 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #2,850 of 3,645
I've been having a few issues with my ipod.

It has been crashing and rebooting randomly after being charged up to full capacity. When I can get it to successfully boot, it'll say I have about 50% power left after only 1-2 hours of off and on playtime. It seems as if it's not giving me a reliable indication on how much charge I have available, so I was wondering if it was due to the build (been trying different ones, but to no avail). Does anyone know of a stable build that doesn't annihilate my charge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back