Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Nov 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #2,792 of 3,645

You can't release a CD in 48k, has to be 44.1k.  

I sincerely apologize for spreading false science 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2,793 of 3,645

Well, that's debatable. First of all, the hardware is still the same.
If you have a European Classic, the volume limiter will be removed thanks to Rockbox. That's how I noticed what my earplugs actually could sound like with the proper power :) To me Rockbox without any adjustments already sounds better than OF, but this could very well be the placebo effect. The major benefit of Rockbox is that you can adjust the sound and equalizer very precisely to your own needs.

Has anyone here messed around with the Compressor treshold? Standard value is -3dB, but I like the sound better when it's at -12dB
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately my ipod classic had some built and functional issues and I returned it.

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #2,795 of 3,645
  I am trying to update emcore on my ipod and it appears builds.freemyipod.com is down. Is anyone able to upload r880?

Thanks in advance.

Here ya go.

Sorry, Head-Fi wouldn't let me attach it.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #2,797 of 3,645
The issue where the hard disk keeps spinning up by navigating in the menu after connecting to USB seems to be solved in 20131112-5e43c05.

And then there's this... Interesting, but I don't think it will work in the Classic port of Rockbox :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #2,798 of 3,645
hi fellas, sorry, didn't have time to read all through....but just one question: so no rockbox for 5th gen non video ipod? Or did i miss something? 

thx!

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #2,799 of 3,645
hi fellas, sorry, didn't have time to read all through....but just one question: so no rockbox for 5th gen non video ipod? Or did i miss something? 

thx!

If you have a fifth generation you can use the Rockbox Utility (installer).
Stable: Apple: iPod 1g through 5.5g, iPod Mini, iPod Nano 1g
www.rockbox.org

If you have a sixth generation you can read the first post of this topic.

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #2,801 of 3,645
thanks for your comments: ok i tried it.....but there is a message: "ipod uses Macpod files, and so installation is impossible"....and that i need a device functioning with "winpod files".........and no, it's not a nano. 

?? 

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #2,802 of 3,645
Hello!
I've been watching this thrad for quite a time now and decided to register an account.
My IPod classic is rockboxed and I'm using it in my car connected to a charger.
I use the Car adapter mode, working quite well. But is there way to prevent the IPod to go in the USB mode without pressing the menu button while conecting or starting the car?
Regards Hummel

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #2,803 of 3,645
pllllleeeeeeeaaaaase help me.............

how the heck do i convert my ipod which runs on MacPod to WinPod???????

It's a 5 gen, it should work...but i always get the same message! 

CRAP!

(sorry for the swearing!)

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #2,804 of 3,645
pllllleeeeeeeaaaaase help me.............

how the heck do i convert my ipod which runs on MacPod to WinPod???????

It's a 5 gen, it should work...but i always get the same message! 

CRAP!

(sorry for the swearing!)

A total guess: Your iPod was formatted using a Mac. Go to a Windows PC and do a Restore using the Windows version of iTunes. Then try the install again.

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #2,805 of 3,645
A total guess: Your iPod was formatted using a Mac. Go to a Windows PC and do a Restore using the Windows version of iTunes. Then try the install again.

hahaha.....ok...i deserve it i guess!!! Ooook. So now i have to find a windows computer. ..that might be the hardest part!!! This doesn't run on mac at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back