iPod Blu-Tak mod
Jul 19, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #16 of 28
OK, so now I've put Blue-tak on several parts of the Zero DAC while playing. Crystals, regulators, capacitors, resistors - all parts but the DAC because it's on the reverse side of the board. I also tried it on various parts in one of my amps. Of course it made no difference at all.

Marigo Labs - VTS Tuning Dots

Small dots on the wall and ceiling of a several ton concrete building is just humbug. Why not put dots on God or the whole universe, or dots on the nose so everybody can see you're a sucker. People selling stuff like this should be ashamed. I hope they don't sleep well at night.

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #17 of 28
If you say so...
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy the music...
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeeater69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a joke right.

I wish it was, but people seem to take it seriously. There's a market for almost anything like penis enlargement pills, hair grow ointments etc. "Everybody" knows they're not working as advertised but still it seems that you can make a buck from selling it.

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happens to the sound if you blu-tac a penis enlargement pill onto your OP amp chips?

The OP amp will last 10x longer and sound 100x better. Amps will this mod will sound close to $10,000-$15,000 amps. It will make iPod buds sound better than Sennheiser HD800, GS1000, PS1000, and etc.

This mod really works.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #23 of 28
Vibrations - well that's the key. We can damp components in a loudspeaker system because the soundwaves form the loudspeakers will affect the equipment rack and work their way into the components. If we're listening through headphones, there is no way the acoustics are affecting the components.

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Vibrations - well that's the key. We can damp components in a loudspeaker system because the soundwaves form the loudspeakers will affect the equipment rack and work their way into the components. If we're listening through headphones, there is no way the acoustics are affecting the components.

Good Times, you just gives me inspiration... Jimmy's mod works on his iPod with HDD, right? So I think he did the same to avoid the vibration... what do you think?

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Good Times, you just give me inspiration... Jimmy's mod works on his iPod with HDD, right? So I think he did the same to avoid the vibration... what do you think?

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~n00beR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the bluetack etc was placed around crystals or components with internal crystals it adds mass.

The larger the mass an object has the less it is affected by vibration.
The extra mass will absorb the external vibration.

As it is the vibration of the crystal that creates the clock speed, external vibration should be minimized.

I've seen PLL clocks dampening mentioned several times, I think I'll give it a try on my soundcard
normal_smile .gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #27 of 28
well, I went a bit over the top w/ the blutak
biggrin.gif

but anyway, I very much didn't like the change...sound was less percussive and rather dull..strange world.

maybe I'll try on the DAC someday, but let there be mystical vibrations...if need be
smoking.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #28 of 28
"VTS WINDOW TUNING SYSTEM"

Ahahahahahaha

Screw it, I'm dropping out of electrical engineering and switching to psychology so I can figure out how to use the placebo effect to make money off of audiophiles.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back