Ipod 6g LOD question
Aug 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

randomasdf

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to figure this out, but to much success. Most of what I've found is rather mixed and not exactly very resolute.

Anyway, I have an ipod 6g, 80gb, and I notice a slight hiss or jitter of some sort in the background. This is definitely from the ipod, as it's not apparent with the same headphones with my home setup. This makes stringed instruments and vocals especially annoying to listen to.

Is this due to the internal DAC or opamp, and would getting an LOD with an external portable amp really help? (Sorry, not a cable believer.)

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 4
If you hear a hiss in the background with one pair of headphones and not in another, it might be because the first pair are very sensitive. I can hear the hiss from my 1G Touch with my Super.fi 5s but not with the PFEs or RP-21s.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 4
getting an lod isn't a question of having a better cable, it's a question of having a better amp and circuit pathway. some ipods sound fine through the headphone jack. i've had a 4g nano for about a year and a fiio e1 is a pretty big improvement over the headphone jack. i just got a 5g classic a couple days ago but i haven't really listened through the headphone jack very extensively. it seems pretty good, but i don't think it's as clean as the fiio e1. i think the headphone jack would be more bring a slightly more fatiguing sound. however, it still sounds good in its own right. i'm actually about to get a 6g later today so i'm interested to see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back