iPhone is Go Go GO!
Jan 9, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #46 of 198
I know audio is all we care here, but as far as I know, this is the first apple pda right? I heard that it runs OS X?

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #47 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by dskywalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know audio is all we care here, but as far as I know, this is the first apple pda right? I heard that it runs OS X?

There was the Newton!

This iPhone is an awfully purdy thing, but it shouldn't be tied to Cingular. The more I think about it the madder I am. Or at least if it's tied to Cingular, give us a huge price break!

--Chris

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #48 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by jadalias /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now all they need to do is yank all the phone junk and throw that new single platter 60gb 1 inch drive in there.

That is what I was thinking. I wonder what this means for a good ol' fashioned touch screen ipod?

Forgetting the bs, that is one serious lust inducing device!

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #49 of 198
jadalias;2617113 said:
Wow.

Now all they need to do is yank all the phone junk and throw that new single platter 60gb 1 inch drive in there. Then we'll have a 60gb wifi widescreen ipod video. If they'd offer an itunes supscription service, you could browse it from either my hypothetical ipod or the new iphone, streaming tracks when you're connected or downloading them for later.

QUOTE]

Exactly!

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #50 of 198
i expected it to be cool, but I didn't expect to be FLOORED.

this will be huge.

You hate Cingular? Great. Someone else hates Verizon and someone else hates T-Mobile.

Too expensive? Don't buy it. You'll certainly be envious, though.

Not enough HD space? You're not the target market. I'd be bummed out if they put a spinning drive in my next cell phone.

Remember, everyone...Apple is smarter than you!
icon10.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #51 of 198
I swear if Apple teamed with Verizon, people would be yelling about crippling and prices, if they teamed with T-Mobile it would be coverage, etc. Like the Moto and the RAZR they teamed with someone. I don't like Cingular either, but my experiences with Verizon, Sprint and Metro and been worse. In fact T-mobile is the only service I've like (for where I live and visit), but it's always technically behind (except possibly the Sidekick). And they just switched all their base plans to two year also. It's an ugly business space and who the lesser evil is depends on your plan and coverage area.

Here's a question - if someone didn't want to use a cell data plan at all and instead just the Wi-Fi functionality of the phone for VoIP, web, etc. anyone know if this would work? At least in San Francisco we should have city Wi-Fi coverage soon.

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #52 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by proglife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i expected it to be cool, but I didn't expect to be FLOORED.

this will be huge.

You hate Cingular? Great. Someone else hates Verizon and someone else hates T-Mobile.

Too expensive? Don't buy it. You'll certainly be envious, though.

Not enough HD space? You're not the target market. I'd be bummed out if they put a spinning drive in my next cell phone.

Remember, everyone...Apple is smarter than you!
icon10.gif

Everyone take heed, because unless you're in the "target market" you don't get it and your opinion is beneath consideration.

Dude, you forgot to add the obligatory " 'nuff said."
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #53 of 198
What about us Canadians?

Mouth-wateringly cool.

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #54 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone take heed, because unless you're in the "target market" you don't get it and your opinion is beneath consideration.

Dude, you forgot to add the obligatory " 'nuff said."
rolleyes.gif

It's a product designed by a company who is in the business of making money.

It's not a gift handed down by god which everyone has a right to...it's a product made to turn a hefty profit. If you don't like the model they've presented, bitch about it on a message board....but don't say "OMG. Why would they choose Cingular!? Cingular sucks!"

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #55 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmarotta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In typical Apple fashion, they innovate, then they go "corporate" by "partnering" with Cingular. What a sell out, I mean, I'd be willing to shell out $600 for just the device, but to get locked into a 2 year contract with Cingular makes me want to puke... in fact I puked in my mouth a little when the Cingular CEO went into his little sales pitch. Everyone knows that Cingular customer support sucks and their data plans/service are an f'n joke compared to other service providers.

Cliff-notes- things that keep me from buying this:
- No 3G network implementation
- Required 2 Year Cingular contract
- Cingular add-on data plans are not price/performance competitive

Well, you don't have to be tied in to a Cingular contract. You'll just have to pass up on the savings you get from signing a 2 year contract. It'll probably be around the $900 USD market if you were to buy the phone straight up.

I've done it with Nextel back then, back when I had the i1000, I bought a i60 for like $350 without service. I'm sure you can get the iPhone for <$1000 without service and just plug in your sim card. Is it work ~$1000? That's up to you. It's not in my books.

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #56 of 198
Actually, it kind of is a gift handed down by god. The true believers have been rewarded.

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #57 of 198
I guess the way foward in the eyes of most phone manufacturers is the addition of traditional pda functions. I'm definately not the target market (just so everyone (anonymous internet users) knows
wink.gif
), I prefer to keep pda applications seperate from my phone at all times. I tried with the smartphone, I tried with the pocket pc phone, I tried real hard. Pda functions and/or touch sensitive controls just don't belong on a phone (at least mine), they only disappoint and/or underperform. There many other reasons why these devices fail for me (size, weight, competence of basic functions, etc), but at least I've gone down that road and can look at all these new devices, ignore them, and patiently wait for the one that will change my mind.

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #58 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and patiently wait for the one that will change my mind.

sounds like you only have to wait until June

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #59 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by proglife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, it kind of is a gift handed down by god. The true believers have been rewarded.

Oh dear God
rolleyes.gif

After all the initial hype, Im begining to see that it features are still abit average. If you want revolutionary wait for the N95.

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #60 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After all the initial hype, Im begining to see that it features are still abit average.

average compared to what?

the iPod's features are "average"....perhaps less than average, but it's the refined interface that makes them so popular (and that's what makes or breaks small, high-tech devices....elegant interface).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back