8gb
Ipod Dock
Touch Screen 3.5 INCH High Res
OMG

I want!

dsc_0173.jpg

dsc_0182.jpg

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 198
In his excitement people, Josh forgets to post a link. Here you all go | Keynote Speech Live Updates for deets

[size=small]Video of touch screen controls in action[/size]

One of those pictures says "works like magic". Witchcraft! Burn them! I'm off now to read more and find out what it has; bluetooth? wi-fi? etc etc. Is it phone-music player or a music player-phone?

BTW, if that hand is "average", that is the max size I would accept for a mobile in this day and age

Edit: 2 megapixel camera and all touch controls? Hmmm

Edit 2: Will the screen have a slider? Would that just make it big and cumbersome? Or is the screen naked and waiting to be scratched? Battery life?!

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 198
Hehe, I'm hitting refresh so much on that engadget site... Sorry for forgetting the link
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm soooo going to get one of these!!

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I notice the Yanks don't give any love to Cingular. What's wrong with them? Wonder how long it'll take to come to UK and on which network. Please O2, maybe Vodafone and 3. Not T-Mobile or Virgin

I couldn't get service in my own house. I've had almost every cell phone service and cingular is the only one that I couldn't get service in my own house with. Not to mention the number of dropped calls I got even when the bars where full. My virgin mobile (runs on sprint lines) phone has much better reception.... especially in my own house. Apple made a bad choice going with cingular. Verizon or sprint would have been a much better choice.

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #8 of 198
One can only imagine what that big, pretty touchscreen will look like (and how well it will work) once it's covered with scratches and scuffs.

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #9 of 198
hmm, i'm sure people will find a way to get em unlocked. that's when i'll get it!!

no 6G iPod? or is this it?

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #10 of 198
The only problem I have with is the touchscreen keypad...just seems like it could be a pain in the butt...

Also, what about battery life?

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #11 of 198
It's a quadband GSM phone. As in world phone. It most likely will be unlocked, since I can't see Apple letting the carriers get some action when they can easily just sell the phone themselves, the beauty of the GSM network. Just get a sim card, pop it in, and you're done!

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #12 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, i'm sure people will find a way to get em unlocked. that's when i'll get it!!

Unlocked phones only work with SIM card based service providers, which leaves out Verizon (for one).

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #14 of 198
looks like a very sexy smudge-magnet.

also looks like Verizon Wireless will never get it. shame, really.

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #15 of 198
Looks great!
Might end up buying one.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back