iPhone Headphone Compatability List
Jul 27, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #46 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt fury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a WTB post in the cables thread...can't even pay someone to make me an adapter/cable.
frown.gif

Same here. Anybody out there want to help us poor bad solderers who are afraid of ruining our beloved buds? I know it HAS to be a simple job, but after de-flowering my iBuds this afternoon, and finding the wiring a little less intuitive than I predicted, I decided to leave my EX90s alone and intact. Anybody want to help out from the goodness of their heart - or maybe a little beer money?
wink.gif

PLEASE
blink.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. Anybody out there want to help us poor bad solderers who are afraid of ruining our beloved buds? I know it HAS to be a simple job, but after de-flowering my iBuds this afternoon, and finding the wiring a little less intuitive than I predicted, I decided to leave my EX90s alone and intact. Anybody want to help out from the goodness of their heart - or maybe a little beer money?
wink.gif

PLEASE
blink.gif

I'll do an iBud recable for anyone. Send me an email or PM.

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two more that don't fit:

- Yuin PK1 (6.40mm)
- Yuin PK3 (6.40mm)

Actually - I ordered a pair of YIUN PK1's and they fit my iPhone fine. While your measurements/assumtion are probably acurate it seems the YUIN has a fairly soft rubber around its plug and I am able to plug it in without an issue.

I havnt taken the PK1s out an about yet because my wife stole them for a business trip so I will have to update later.

Jul 28, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #50 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple is not producing an adapter you could pay for...

Actually, Apples does sell an adapter... sort of.

It comes as part of the the iPod Shuffle Sport Case. Here's a picture.

I bought just the adapter by itself off of eBay for $8 shipped. Works great with my E4
icon10.gif

Btw, the Shure adapter is now available from Apple's online store for $40.

Jul 29, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #51 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nospam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, Apples does sell an adapter... sort of.

It comes as part of the the iPod Shuffle Sport Case. Here's a picture.

I bought just the adapter by itself off of eBay for $8 shipped. Works great with my E4
icon10.gif

Btw, the Shure adapter is now available from Apple's online store for $40.

Thanks for the heads up Nospam! I just ordered one, says they are in stock, should be interesting to see how it works with my E500s and IPhone.

Jul 31, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #52 of 64
I just received my Shure MPA for my IPhone, it got here in one day from Apple, not bad.

The cable is nice, its about 4" shorter than the cable I was using ,(I compare the two below) . It attaches to the E500s easily and has a nice 45 degree short plug that goes into the IPhone. Voice quality is much better over the mic, based on the tests that I have tried today and SO nice being able to use my E500s on the train again.. over all well worth the 39.00 so you can use your high quality IEMs with your IPhone. The button controls the IPOD just like the OEM one did, once click to pause, and 2 to jump a song forward. The quality of the mic in this cable and being able to use my E500s with my IPhone makes this worth the 40 bucks I believe.

Jul 31, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #53 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my Shure MPA for my IPhone, it got here in one day from Apple, not bad.

The cable is nice, its about 4" shorter than the cable I was using ,(I compare the two below) . It attaches to the E500s easily and has a nice 45 degree short plug that goes into the IPhone. Voice quality is much better over the mic, based on the tests that I have tried today and SO nice being able to use my E500s on the train again.. over all well worth the 39.00 so you can use your high quality IEMs with your IPhone. The button controls the IPOD just like the OEM one did, once click to pause, and 2 to jump a song forward. The quality of the mic in this cable and being able to use my E500s with my IPhone makes this worth the 40 bucks I believe.

Can you hear yourself talk through the IEMs?

Jul 31, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #54 of 64
I am guessing they have somehow filtered the mic to headphone connection, as you can barely hear yourself, enough to balance the convorsation for your side, also my wife was telling me how much better it sounds talking to me, as she cannot hear all the noise in the background, so however they handled the noise cancellation it works.

Jul 31, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #55 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am guessing they have somehow filtered the mic to headphone connection, as you can barely hear yourself, enough to balance the convorsation for your side, also my wife was telling me how much better it sounds talking to me, as she cannot hear all the noise in the background, so however they handled the noise cancellation it works.

When you say that you can barely hear yourself do you mean that the microphone is sending your voice to the headphones or that you can simply hear yourself despite the isolation?

Aug 1, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #56 of 64
It feels like they are sending a very small amount of my voice back, it doesnt feel like I am talking with headphones on, which I was concerned with as one has a tendancy to talk loudly when your own voice is filtered out. I can talk easliy at a normal level voice. There is so much isolation in these E500s that I have to take them out to have a conversation both to hear and to keep from talking too loudly. The MPA seems to have thought that out. Its only been a day, so I may be able to describe this better with some more time using it.

Unlike the apple mic, there are two holes on the mic unit from the MPA. maybe there is some kind of crossfeed etc going on. SugarFried or other Shure reps here might be able to describe this better.

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #57 of 64
I think I'm going to go for the Shure MPA, especially now that I have the $100 credit at the Apple store, however, most of my headphones already have a long cable. I want to cut the cable of my Yuin PK2s at the Y-split and solder a mini connector to it. Does anyone know of a connector that will work for this purpose (relatively small)? Also, what can I use to remove the coating from the wires so that I can solder them?

Sep 29, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #59 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so seeing as how none of the earphones / headphones I have work with the iPhone, and I had some time on my hands...

iphoneadaptor1.jpg

iphoneadaptor2.jpg

went away at a neutrik mini (NSY231 series) with a file until it fit, then added a small female connector 90 degrees to it. fairly low profile, but I may have to go with a design that's less bulky later on. not bad for a first try I suppose.

so the answer to the question is everything.
biggrin.gif
although making a first-party accessory to do so might be cheating a bit.
wink.gif

I tried searching for the neutrik mini (NSY231 series) and can't find it! can someone help me please on where can I buy both parts the small female connector and the neutrik mini?

Thanks in advance

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #60 of 64
Apple actually does have an adapter that will fit the iPhone and extend the earphone jack out a couple of inches. It came with the ipod Shuffle sport case (the first shuffle) to allow third party earphones to be used.

you can see it here (photo from playlistmag.com):

sportcasefull.jpg

Since the old shuffle is discontinued you could probably find this in some bargain bin somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back