iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a Decade
Oct 18, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #1,066 of 1,216
True. However I usually listen to classical music on both my stereo system and my headphones, but after a long time of critical and casual experiences, I come to conclusion that there's absolute no differences among V0, 320, ALAC/FLAC and HiRes.

I'd have to say the same, but I'd drop that to 256ACC Apple Music as well. Took a long expensive road to really admit that to myself but, for me at least, I'm now happy having any song I want ready to play.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #1,068 of 1,216
I was reading all this debate about the lightning connector and if it has a dac or not and so on and in the back of my head I was thinking "Either we are overpaying for Dacs and Amps for our headphones or this is supposed to sound real bad. Its either one or the other"

I dont see how someone can claim that a DAC/AMP in a cable is very good and at the same time say that a DAC/Amp in your phone is crap and you need better Source/DAC/AMP to get the best out of your expensive headphones.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #1,069 of 1,216
I was reading all this debate about the lightning connector and if it has a dac or not and so on and in the back of my head I was thinking "Either we are overpaying for Dacs and Amps for our headphones or this is supposed to sound real bad. Its either one or the other"

I dont see how someone can claim that a DAC/AMP in a cable is very good and at the same time say that a DAC/Amp in your phone is crap and you need better Source/DAC/AMP to get the best out of your expensive headphones.

In the phone there are interferences and noise from the nearby circuitry. In the cable there is no such problem. Dongle is better than HO of 6s. And yes you are overpaying for DACs and AMPs...

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #1,070 of 1,216

We're overpaying for everything, DAC/AMP/DAP and even headphones. Why? Brands, placebos and snake oil companies.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #1,072 of 1,216
Great review! I'm ready to order one. I am very skeptical of the quality of wireless when compared to wired but I'll give this a shot. Only $250? I've spent more on cocaine, this is nothing.

Keep in mind that, as I say in the review, you won't get overall smartphone quality from it, but you will get unique features, and overall good sound. And it's crap with every AK player out there. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #1,074 of 1,216

Wisdom right here.  Well said.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #1,075 of 1,216
Hi,

I would like to know if the audio quality with headphones on my iPhone 6 is better with this adapter than with the 3.5 jack then the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter has an DAC.

Opinions?

Thanks.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #1,076 of 1,216
  Hi,

I would like to know if the audio quality with headphones on my iPhone 6 is better with this adapter than with the 3.5 jack then the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter has an DAC.

Opinions?

Thanks.

For the price it's worth having if only to protect the headphone socket

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,078 of 1,216
Thank you for the reply.

But what about the audio quality via headphones? It is the same? Better…? The signal should be digital = better and not analog = worst, or not?

They sound the same to me; they are not an upgrade. The signal is still analog, because your ears can't hear digital.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,079 of 1,216
  Hi,

Opinions?

Thanks.

I'd say they fall in the same (excellent) ballpark. For wild (impedance wise) balanced armatures you'd probably be a notch better with the dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back