iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Feb 21, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #706 of 881
Ah well. Strange.

No problems at all straight out of the phone.
Stick an amp on it and it's pop city!
Using my old 5S with the amp. Seems fine.
AFAIK this is because some of the chips on the 6S are not grounded.
Unlikely to be fixed in software.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #707 of 881
The measurements of the adapter line out attest that the signal it outputs it's extremely clean and open enough. Thus very good for amping.

Double amping sounds very good as well but you have to handle two volume controls.

The wolfson Dac in lightning to 30 pin adapter sounds very good ,open en spacious and a tight bass .

Thank you for the feedback, this is what I wanted to hear
smile.gif
. @andromeda1954 the cable/adapter you're selling seems like a great deal, I will consider (if available) once I make a decision on an amp

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #708 of 881
No problems at all straight out of the phone.
Stick an amp on it and it's pop city!
Using my old 5S with the amp. Seems fine.
AFAIK this is because some of the chips on the 6S are not grounded.
Unlikely to be fixed in software.

I'll have to listen again. It never had pops with the A200P. It would just lose music and turn to white noise; disconnecting and reconnecting would reset it. It usually did it every other song or so. I figured 6 songs in a row is as good as fixed but I'll listen even longer next time.

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #709 of 881
I'll have to listen again. It never had pops with the A200P. It would just lose music and turn to white noise; disconnecting and reconnecting would reset it. It usually did it every other song or so. I figured 6 songs in a row is as good as fixed but I'll listen even longer next time.

I was out tonight but I will try with my O2 amp and see if the same thing happens.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #710 of 881
I'm on iOS 9.3 beta 4 on iPhone 6 it's smooth and my eyes are thanking the night shift , the main thing is about the sound quality. I'm absolutely floored by the spectacular details in the music..it's that good ..I'm rediscovering the songs as though I'm listening for the first time, maybe they changed the algorithm related to music processing..but it's awesome to say the least!

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #712 of 881
I'm on iOS 9.3 beta 4 on iPhone 6 it's smooth and my eyes are thanking the night shift , the main thing is about the sound quality. I'm absolutely floored by the spectacular details in the music..it's that good ..I'm rediscovering the songs as though I'm listening for the first time, maybe they changed the algorithm related to music processing..but it's awesome to say the least!

Haha, and I thought I am going nuts today. Thinking - wow so much money for daps and this iPhone sounds so good by itself. Didn't remember it sounding that good.

Running the Dev beta.

So thanks for confirming I am not crazy :wink:

Cheers....

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #715 of 881
I was out tonight but I will try with my O2 amp and see if the same thing happens.

Nope. No problems with the O2....

Let's just hope then that 9.3 may fix that slight background noise of 6s. Awesome news though on audio quality upgrade!

I'm pretty sure this is a hardware issue.

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #719 of 881
+1 for Onkyo HF player, sounds great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back