iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Oct 22, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #271 of 881
I used to be going crazy on stacks but now I'd just settle in with the iPhone. Well probably can't match my AK240 but the difference is so minute that spending any money on a DAP now just seems ridiculous to me, when compared with my iPhone 6S+ / Layla or K10 combo. Only on a proper desktop DAC and headphone amp combo, or better yet, speakers, can noticeable improvement be detected.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #272 of 881
iPhone 6s with the Samsung chip here and I hear no buzzing. I've listened with Grado 225e, MS1i, DT770s, and Zero Audio Carbo Bassos. This phone sounds great. Not quite as good as my M8 but close enough.

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #273 of 881
I visited 3 different Apple stores yesterday. All demo units buzz when going into App switcher.

Maybe people don't have high sensitive IEM's so they won't hear it? Also the enviroment must be quiet. I can't hear the buzz in a busy street

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #274 of 881
I think this is the typical disturbance in which your mileage may vary.

Since i pertain to the nitpicking kind when it comes to background noises (may be because of the years i spent mastering albums) i'll be passing on the 6s.

Heck. Blackness along with output power was the iPhone trait i treasured the most.

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #276 of 881
I visited 3 different Apple stores yesterday. All demo units buzz when going into App switcher.

Maybe people don't have high sensitive IEM's so they won't hear it? Also the enviroment must be quiet. I can't hear the buzz in a busy street

True. If the environment is too noisy, you can't hear it. But you probably won't be able to differentiate the audio quality of low/mid/hi-fi gears in such environment, either. And audio quality is what we're discussing here.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #277 of 881
My IE800 are have a 

My Sennheiser IE800 have a sensitivity of 125 db  that is more than the Shure SE846  and i hear no buzzing . no matter what i do , my 6s plus  is pitch black  and the sound is amazing  better than my old 6plus . I have very good ears too

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #278 of 881
My IE800 are have a 
 My Sennheiser IE800 have a sensitivity of 125 db  that is more than the [COLOR=6A6A6A]Shure SE846  and i hear no buzzing . no matter what i do , my 6s plus  is pitch black  and the sound is amazing  better than my old 6plus . I have very good ears too[/COLOR]

I agree. I have very good ears too and I don't hear anything like what has been described. I don't think the problem is with every single iPhone 6s like others here believe.

I know Apple doesn't have perfect demo units out on display. All of the demo units I've seen have the widespread screen defects that are being reported, so I doubt anyone checked the buzzing.

My iPhone is production week 38, which is about a month into 6s mass production. I don't have screen defects on this one either.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #279 of 881
I'd wish that people no hear buzzing could provide us with measurements or recordings as Yuriv and Lachlan did to demonstrate the issue objectively.

If the tonality it's not right, then nothing else really matters.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #280 of 881
I've bought 6s 64 GB rose gold colour... No buzzing whatsoever with Oppo PM-3 and Earsonics Velvet. Sound is superb.

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #281 of 881
I just started listening to my new 6S+ 128GB SG, and using RHA750i IEMs I can't hear any noise while playing around with the app switcher. The phones are 16ohm with 100db sensitivity. I listened in a quiet environment. I have a pair of ER4Ps that might be more sensitive. I might try them later.

As of now, I'm not that concerned about this "issue".

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #282 of 881
I don't think full size and portable headphones and most dynamic driver based iems are going to pick it up. Also the er4pt is probably not sensitive enough. In my experience it takes sensitive single or multi BA iems of very low impedance. Although someone heard it in EarPods while enabling Siri, letting her idle and adjusting brightness, which might be one of the more CPU taxing things you can do.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #283 of 881
Yea, it's crazy when people hear no electrical noise and provide no technical data 
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by elfary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty ugly stuff for an Apple iPhone headphone out. I have owned iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 and never ever did i hear any emi noise even with Shure se530/5 or Westone UM3x that are as sensitive as an iem can get.

JK 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #284 of 881
I don't think full size and portable headphones and most dynamic driver based iems are going to pick it up. Also the er4pt is probably not sensitive enough. In my experience it takes sensitive single or multi BA iems of very low impedance. Although someone heard it in EarPods while enabling Siri, letting her idle and adjusting brightness, which might be one of the more CPU taxing things you can do.

Earsonics Velvet is multi BA. 3+3 driver BA drivers. I also tried earpods that comes with iPhone 6s. Very quiet room. No buzzing whatsoever, just great sound. Much more musical than iPhone 6 in my opinion. Bass has more quantity and sound is fuller overall.

I'm not going to report buzzing where there's none, just because some others have it doesn't mean everyone does.

Ps: I have the Samsung chip.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #285 of 881
For what it's worth, I don't hear buzzing either. Just a random occasional pop and only when I do things to intentionally cause it with my Legend ciem. The Legend is one of the most sensitive iems I've ever owned- some owners report hearing hiss On varying iPhone models with it. I never hear it just listening to music and doing nothing else with my UERM and PS6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back