iPhone 5 Equalizer Apps in App Store
Jan 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:
Can you save the EQ settings to a specific music file, or is it a global correction?

The Accudio app is global, and they need to have your headphone(s) model on file. I don't think they support the HD590 though. I believe the headphones they have on file are covered here: http://en.goldenears.net/GR_Headphones

It is a decent app IMO. I just briefly tried it with my HD558s and KSC75s.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 39
this is thier supported list
http://accudio.goldenears.net/SupportProdList
the 590's are not on it.

on one hand i'm surprised that this kind of development in headphones is not HUGE news.. perfect neutrality is a hot topic on these forums.. but then again.. sigh.. i'm not surprised.. many of the true gems in audio go un-noticed or underrated, or when it comes down to it, people just arent interested. 

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #20 of 39
Yup. Equalization seems like a touchy subject. Measurements too
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 39
yeah, but neutrality!  "hearing the music like its meant to be heard"   I wonder how many posts and threads have swollen over with those topics...
well, time will tell...

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #22 of 39
I highly recommend the Bongiovi DPS app. They have versions for PC/Mac, and iPhone / iPad.
I use it exclusively to play music on both my iDevices. It has different profiles for different speakers/headphones you use. Also improves the dock sound for car use. It uses some type of expansion ( I assume) and EQ's to create these different profiles. It also just added a parametric-type EQ to handle a bass and treble curves.

I don't particularly like the profiles created for specific phones but use the 'city' profiles instead. I'd be curious to see that you guys think about it. Definitely worth checking out.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #23 of 39
Quote:
I highly recommend the Bongiovi DPS app. They have versions for PC/Mac, and iPhone / iPad.
I use it exclusively to play music on both my iDevices. It has different profiles for different speakers/headphones you use. Also improves the dock sound for car use. It uses some type of expansion ( I assume) and EQ's to create these different profiles. It also just added a parametric-type EQ to handle a bass and treble curves.

I don't particularly like the profiles created for specific phones but use the 'city' profiles instead. I'd be curious to see that you guys think about it. Definitely worth checking out.

Hi there! I did a search of the forums but don't see any dedicated discussion on the Bongiovi DPS app, which I just bought per your recommendation. Should I start one or is this thread a good enough place for conversation about it?

I am using HeadFi RE262 > Fiio E11 > Pod Touch. The RE262s are burned in about 40 hours and even with the EQ boost on the E11 I'm not getting enough bass presence, so I figured I'd try the app. I know Tony Bongiovi's name, and figured I could trust it.

I'm not hearing anything on the app that blows me away - sounds like lots of severe notch filters to my ears. Any online info on the app? Thanks!

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #24 of 39
Hi - sorry I missed your post. I guess startign another thread would depend on if anyone else uses it. I think for general use it 's worth it. It has separate profiles for the built the in speakers, dock connections (which I use in my car) and headphone out for various HP profiles, which they periodically add to.

The trick is using the right profile for the right application, or headphone you use. The paid version allows you to install alot of custom profiles and pick the one that fits the headphones you use. Some suck, but matching the right one makes a big difference. One downside is it doesn't seem to work with most CCK>DACs, so I use it with my iPhone when using my HP from the line out.

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #26 of 39
I can vouch for accudio. Been through dozens of equalizer apps, played with EQu a ton... But I just discovered accudio, and if your headphones are in their database, it's nothing short of miraculous. Completely blows EQu away, and its free.

Audyssey is great too. Like accudio, but with a much smoother UI, and is more "dynamic", maybe a tiny tiny bit less accurate.

On a side note, I've always liked Audio Xciter for some reason. Most people here would be appalled by how much it mutilates your music, but... in certain situations, it can liven things up. Great for some car/portable speaker systems, low bitrate stuff, boring music, etc.

Looking into that Bongiovi DPS. Never heard of it, and seems interesting.

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #28 of 39
I got Accudio software for my iPhone 5 the other day and it opens up an entirely new level of audiophile sound quality for me. Using my Ultimate Audio UE11's they sound great to begin with but now they are off the scale on every audiophile recording I have. Being a person that listens to lots of pipe organ, this has given the natural sound of the pedal pipes realistic sound. Since the UE 11 is not on the Accudio list I used the UE18 profile and just added a little bass to compensate for the 2 extra armatures that the UE18 has and not the UE11.
After reviewing the Golden Ear site and viewing the measurements of many other earphones, this is a natural path.
At CanJam in Denver 2 weeks ago I listened to ALL of the IEM and liked the Ultimate Ear Personal Reference Monitor after I tuned it to my liking. The catch is that now my UE11's with the Accudio sound much better by many levels. I would recommend this product as a must for and IEM owner. After you go through there complete site you realize there precise work is what is needed to complete my listening experience. Not just talk but hard measurements. It shows the JH13 measured better then the UE18 and the Rooth LS8+ did the best of all.
One Happy Customer

I've been a professional sound engineer for 25+ years and I will support any claim that Accuio Software is by a far, hands down, without comparison, second to none, the best headphone/EQ neutralizer app than even the closest second, which is kinda a tie between Audiforge's Equalizer and EQu. The quality, clarity, and precise ability to fine tune every sonic detail to fit the specs of your exact phones, and speaker system to boot, will sound monkey balls better than I can possibly describe in words. It's worth my taking the time to write this as I'm currently busy working in the studio with Mumford & Sons and I'd get fired if they caught me jerking off to Head-Fi-.org, however, I feel it's that important to mention that if you want to transform the ultra embarrassing, stab-me-in-the-ear quality music provided by the iPhone's built-in EQ (even coupled with all the lousy EQ apps I've seen posted around here) into the absolute most insane sounding music you've ever heard from an EQ that isn't custom built for David Guilmour of Sting's home studios, which start at $10k, you MUST pick up Accudio Software right now or you're wasting your life away at the expense of your poor ear drums and for the cost of a Thai hand-job or anything from White Castle. Just do it you lazy cheap bastards and send your thank you's to the dude who wrote what's in the blueish purple box above my reply.  

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

I've been a professional sound engineer for 25+ years and I will support any claim that Accuio Software is by a far, hands down, without comparison, second to none, the best headphone/EQ neutralizer app than even the closest second, which is kinda a tie between Audiforge's Equalizer and EQu. The quality, clarity, and precise ability to fine tune every sonic detail to fit the specs of your exact phones, and speaker system to boot, will sound monkey balls better than I can possibly describe in words. It's worth my taking the time to write this as I'm currently busy working in the studio with Mumford & Sons and I'd get fired if they caught me jerking off to Head-Fi-.org, however, I feel it's that important to mention that if you want to transform the ultra embarrassing, stab-me-in-the-ear quality music provided by the iPhone's built-in EQ (even coupled with all the lousy EQ apps I've seen posted around here) into the absolute most insane sounding music you've ever heard from an EQ that isn't custom built for David Guilmour of Sting's home studios, which start at $10k, you MUST pick up Accudio Software right now or you're wasting your life away at the expense of your poor ear drums and for the cost of a Thai hand-job or anything from White Castle. Just do it you lazy cheap bastards and send your thank you's to the dude who wrote what's in the blueish purple box above my reply.  

nice... 
wink.gif

in case you weren't aware...

The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution.

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #30 of 39
I like all the spelling and grammar errors. Is this a foreign company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back