Iphone 4 + UDAC = FAIL
Jun 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #16 of 26
well there is LVCMOS low voltage i2s (3v3) , so its doable, but not likely

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #17 of 26

Quote:
they're adding USB input capabilities to the JH3A.  OP is presumably talking about USB out not supporting the UDAC.  Of course you could use the HP out/Line out through LOD on these things, that's a given.

Yes but that wont be of any use if the iPhone (which seems the most likely thing) can't host a usb device. Now if the JH3-A was to incorporate the same circuits that the dock thingy that is being described in the ALO forum that would be a different thing all together (as I understand it the 2 devices are designed by the same person).

Jun 30, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #18 of 26

Quote:
Yes but that wont be of any use if the iPhone (which seems the most likely thing) can't host a usb device. Now if the JH3-A was to incorporate the same circuits that the dock thingy that is being described in the ALO forum that would be a different thing all together (as I understand it the 2 devices are designed by the same person).

It's still possible that the iphone will host a USB device that doesn't need power i.e. has it's own battery ala Pico or JH3-A.  Hopefully someone can try a Pico w/DAC on an iPhone 4 soon.

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #19 of 26
BUMP!
This would be pretty big news in my book if an iphone could be used to feed digital to a portable DAC. iPhone 4 owners please try - enquiring minds want to know.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #20 of 26
It will at the very least require the camera connection kit and that I'm not going to buy just to test as I don't believe that it will work, but it would indeed be cool if it turned out to do so

Jul 4, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #21 of 26

Quote:
BUMP!
This would be pretty big news in my book if an iphone could be used to feed digital to a portable DAC. iPhone 4 owners please try - enquiring minds want to know.

I'll give this a try was digging around for info. I have an old ALO Cryo Dock that is useless to me without an iPod. I do have an RSA Predator a USB to Mini USB cable, I'll need to stop at the store for a double female USB connector to see if it works with a regular Apple cable first.

I'll see if Micro Center has the camera connector to try it out before buying.

Jul 4, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #22 of 26
You'll also need to take apart the usb cable, supply the predator's end with 5 volts from an external powersupply.

Even then there's no guarantee it will work. Also, I take no responsibility for any broken gadgets.

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #23 of 26
Has anyone found a way to feed digital out to a uDac or other USB-input DAC?

cheers

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #24 of 26
what's funny about this problem is that it's the Iphones firmware that is causing the problem. If you read on in the Insanely Mac forums you'll see that a few other IPAD only devices are supported under iOS 4.2.1 but not the camera adapter or card reader.  Also some Ipad owners are running into problems with it as well. 
 There is a rumor of a hack to get these to work properly by modding a .plist file.  NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! 

Apple is researching the problem and making a patch to get these to work.

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #25 of 26
Is the issue here the uDAC, or the fact that the OP tried to hook a caravan to a motorcycle, only to realise that you just dont do that ??

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #26 of 26
You were saying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back