Iphone 4 + UDAC = FAIL
Jun 29, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 26
uDac is only for the computer. Did you not know that? It's not a portable DAC like the Fiio.

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 26

Quote:
well the ipad isn't a phone?

Err rather the iPad is a giant iPhone w/o a phone?  Oh wait, the iPhone is w/o a phone as well these days.

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 26

Quote:
It works with my IPAD, and I believe that the iphone4 shares the same chip and Dac as the Ipad. I am pretty sure that the filo also works with Ipad

That little dongle makes all the difference. You can't bypass the dac in the iphone. Nor can you power it from the iphone.

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 26

Quote:

That little dongle makes all the difference. You can't bypass the dac in the iphone. Nor can you power it from the iphone.

deleted

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 26

Quote:
Err rather the iPad is a giant iPhone w/o a phone?  Oh wait, the iPhone is w/o a phone as well these days.

Haha, and I'll bet next up if we hold the next gen of ipods the "wrong" way that the dac chip will suddenly stop working
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #11 of 26
This is using the USB camera connection kit, right?  Wonder if other USB DACs end up the same way.  Hope the JH3As don't do this, as an iphone -> JH3A combo would have been very convenient.

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #12 of 26
You would just use line-out from the iPhone to JH3-A

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #14 of 26
This is using the USB camera connection kit, right?  Wonder if other USB DACs end up the same way.  Hope the JH3As don't do this, as an iphone -> JH3A combo would have been very convenient.

Yes, I used the apple Usb camera connector,

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #15 of 26

Quote:
I doubt any usb device would work on a phone that only outputs 3.X volts. I don't know why apple would have 5 volts available on a phone.

QFT, putting that much power in a phone is overkill. Sensible for a large device like an iPad. </thread>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back