iPad to Support USB Audio Interfaces via Camera Connection Kit?
Aug 31, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #301 of 454
For those looking for an USB-SPDIF interface,
this one works fine with the iPad and any DAC with coax digital in.

http://www.ha-info.com/english/ngcoax.htm

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #304 of 454
Quote:
Can someone try to connect new iPod Touch 4G with OS4.1 and camera kit and try usb dac??? maybe it will work now??

I've got a camera connection kit on order, and access to all the latest gen iPod's (touch, nano) that friends own, so I'll give a report with the iBasso D4 on the latest gen's to see if they work with the connection kit as soon as it arrives.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #306 of 454
I tried the new Nano, the new iPod Touch, and the iPad. Only the iPad worked for sending digital audio out from the USB port on the Camera Connection Kit.

Quote:
Quote:

I've got a camera connection kit on order, and access to all the latest gen iPod's (touch, nano) that friends own, so I'll give a report with the iBasso D4 on the latest gen's to see if they work with the connection kit as soon as it arrives.

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #307 of 454
it will neither work with anything but the ipad, nor the D4 AFAIK, probably wise to read the thread before going on a quest like this. all this info has been found long ago. its possible it will work with the D4, because although the CCK doesnt like the 290X recievers, I think the D4 reciever is powered off the battery rather than the USB bus, which may mean it works. doesnt work with the D10, well not my D10 anyway

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #308 of 454

Quote:
it will neither work with anything but the ipad, nor the D4 AFAIK, probably wise to read the thread before going on a quest like this. all this info has been found long ago. its possible it will work with the D4, because although the CCK doesnt like the 290X recievers, I think the D4 reciever is powered off the battery rather than the USB bus, which may mean it works. doesnt work with the D10, well not my D10 anyway

Both the D4 and D10 have been confirmed to work with the iPad. Need to turn off charging (or supply power via alternate method):

Quote:
- iBasso D4 [Headphoneaddict]
- iBasso D10 [qusp - doesn't work; HeadphoneAddict, rhw - works (charging off)]

Quote:
POWER WORKAROUND:  A number of people have noted that a simple workaround to DACs that draw too much power is to plug into a powered USB hub.

-john

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #309 of 454
Well the D10 has been CONFIRMED to NOT work with the ipad and CCK in my bedroom have you tried it?? no I didnt think so

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #310 of 454
in fact i'm sadly looking at the accessory message right now just incase you had some sort of skill. as I explained and I have some knowledge in this area, it does not work, because the D10 USB receiver, the PCM270X is set up tio be powered over the USB connection, this has NOTHING to do with the charge switch. the D4 I said I wasnt sure, because they could have used the optional external power pin to run it off battery, but I know for a fact at least in D10s when I bought mine, that this is not the case. I questioned HA about that comment earlier in the thread and he said he wasnt certain if he had tested it

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #311 of 454
You try plugging into a USB hub? 

Not trying to annoy you or anything, but I had two people confirm it worked for them - HeadphoneAddict and RHW.  You might try PMing them and see if they can clear up what they might have done differently.

-john

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #313 of 454
As I wrote about the Hot Audio offerings in the iPad DAC list thread, for me it had to do with the sequence in which I plugged the devices in. Try plugging everything in to each other including the Camera Kit, then plugging the Camera Kit into the iPad.
I think that was it, if that doesn't work try it another way
blink.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #314 of 454

Quote:
You try plugging into a USB hub? 

Not trying to annoy you or anything, but I had two people confirm it worked for them - HeadphoneAddict and RHW.  You might try PMing them and see if they can clear up what they might have done differently.

-john

I already did that when I first saw HA post about it and he could not confirm to me how it worked or even definitely IF it worked. using a USB hub is a bit pointless. I already have a better DIY solution on the way to being finished anyway (not the D10), but using a powered hub would not be at all ideal, even if you can get battery powered USB hubs?? I have home transports that crap all over the ipad and I just use it as a cool wifi remote at home for my rig, I would use it portable maybe occasionally with the D10, for transportable if I could connect directly to it. but yeah I have a far better solution 

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #315 of 454

Quote:
As I wrote about the Hot Audio offerings in the iPad DAC list thread, for me it had to do with the sequence in which I plugged the devices in. Try plugging everything in to each other including the Camera Kit, then plugging the Camera Kit into the iPad.
I think that was it, if that doesn't work try it another way
blink.gif

already done all of that ages ago, I tried all of that stuff even though using it with the D10 was more of a novelty type thing that might happen occasionally if it worked. the D10 has to do that with optical and even analogue line out to choose between the ins and outs it has as there is no switch to select them. it has a hierachy of which connections it will try in what order until it finds a valid input signal.  but I think you are missing the point, the D10 uses a USB receiver that draws too much power over the USB connection for the ipad and the ipad will just refuse to do it unless you subsidize this power, or splice it in some other way (hint hint) its part of the PCM270X design, you can choose for it to do that or not with hardware control or a pull up resistor, but if its set to be powered over the USB bus, it needs to receive the power over the USB bus and no amount of plugging and unplugging will change that, or remove that need.

its of no great importance tho guys, but thanks for the suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back