Ipad >dac/amp starting point. Help a newbie
Jan 26, 2011 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kbuzz

100+ Head-Fier
Id like to get an entry level battery powered portable amp or amp/dac rig for use with my HD600s ipad via camera connection kit.  Something like an Fiio E7 or similar.  Im a little confused as to connections. I want a simple set up and dont want to run powered usb adapters or a wallwart istreamer type set up. 

I done a search but cant seem to find basic wiring set up. Can some one link me to a thread or answer the simple albeit idiotic questions.

What do run from the camera connection kit to the dac or amp? Do you run a standard sized usb to usb mini from the connector to the amp/dac?   Or is there a USB to analog mini jack cable from the connector to the amp.  Where can one source this cable to explore this issue before dropping big bucks on true audiophile solution.  Stated otherwise, whats the simplest way to run music from the ipad via an amp or combo dac.  

Thanks in advance.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 2
A standard USB cable along with the camera connection kit is all you need. Make sure the dac/amp you select is compatible with the Ipad. The Nu-Force UDAC comes highly recommended as an entry level dac/amp. You should check out this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/507559/list-of-dacs-that-work-with-ipad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back