iPad 2 first impressions. Will you be getting one ?
Mar 4, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #61 of 249
I just purchased a 64G WiFi version in January and now the new one is out I am not regretting it. The features on the new one are not features I would use. The operating system upgrades however I will find useful and will up rate my iPad as soon as it comes out.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #62 of 249
Quote:

... but doesn't really do anything an itouch or smart phone can't. Which is why I don't see the point in it, ...

That argument is really getting old at this point. Anyone who's spent a considerable amount of time with an ipad will tell you that's just not the case. The user experience is totally different. Try making a full size track with any synthesizer apps, or drawing, or taking notes on any itouch or smart phones. It's just not even comparable. It's like saying "why own a 50" tv when you can watch the same stuff on a 30" tv." 

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #63 of 249

Quote:
I just purchased a 64G WiFi version in January and now the new one is out I am not regretting it. The features on the new one are not features I would use. The operating system upgrades however I will find useful and will up rate my iPad as soon as it comes out.

I think you should sell it a nd get the new one ^.^ Just because the new one is prettier and thinner muahahahah

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #64 of 249

Quote:

Typical Apple's way. I've never seen any iDevice that has significant upgrade from the previous one. They still sell a lot though, thanks to the minor cosmetic changes.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #65 of 249

Quote:
Apple is going to have such a wake-up call the moment Android matures.

I estimate Android 3.3 will be the first mature version. The Ipad will be old news or cheap as chips by then. I bet on old news. :)

I just don't see that happening in any foreseeable future. The reason why Android feels broken is because they are not working with device manufacturers to ensure the solidity of the OS. Google just develops the OS and throws it at the manufacturers to figure out the implementation part. What Google should've done in the beginning was to have just partner with a few companies and stick with them and also develop the OS for the phones, not the other way around. This is what Windows phone 7 got right and I was really impressed at how solid the OS felt. Sure, the Android has come a long way but it still have a long way to go. (just read what's happening with the Android market place) And, frankly, I think it's past the point of maturity and that the Android will always stay this way unless Google changes their way of developing the OS.

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #66 of 249

Quote:

I just don't see that happening in any foreseeable future. The reason why Android feels broken is because they are not working with device manufacturers to ensure the solidity of the OS. Google just develops the OS and throws it at the manufacturers to figure out the implementation part. What Google should've done in the beginning was to have just partner with a few companies and stick with them and also develop the OS for the phones, not the other way around. This is what Windows phone 7 got right and I was really impressed at how solid the OS felt. Sure, the Android has come a long way but it still have a long way to go. (just read what's happening with the Android market place) And, frankly, I think it's past the point of maturity and that the Android will always stay this way unless Google changes their way of developing the OS.

Not really true. Look at Motorola Atrix. Google worked very closely with Motorola to get the tablet the newest OS possible and it has become a real competitor to iPad. I do not believe it will sell as many as iPad, but it is a good alternative for the users who want their own experience and not Steve's.

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #67 of 249

Quote:

Last? The iPad 2 hits your country March 25; mine doesn't even have a release date announced.
http://www.apple.com/au/ipad/

Also, what are you talking about prices being 1.5k? All variants of the iPad 1 have dropped below AU$1,000 since iPad 2 was announced.
http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad?mco=OTY2ODA0NQ

Maybe not the last one, but we get it pretty much end in line.

Maybe a bit of misunderstanding, but when the iPad first came out it was about 1.5k with rare occasions of some bit of retail stores having them for bit over a grand, and you just concluded what I was about to say, "All variants of the iPad 1 have dropped below AU$1000 since the iPad 2 was announced, which was couple days ago if I'm correct. Hence if it weren't for the release of the iPad 2, there wouldn't have been a price drop. :)

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #68 of 249

Quote:

I think you should sell it a nd get the new one ^.^ Just because the new one is prettier and thinner muahahahah

In that case I shall keep mine even more then as I match it.. Fatter and uglier
blink.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #71 of 249

Quote:

That argument is really getting old at this point. Anyone who's spent a considerable amount of time with an ipad will tell you that's just not the case. The user experience is totally different. Try making a full size track with any synthesizer apps, or drawing, or taking notes on any itouch or smart phones. It's just not even comparable. It's like saying "why own a 50" tv when you can watch the same stuff on a 30" tv." 

Yeah, even simple web browsing would be much nicer on a 10" screen than a 3.5" screen.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #72 of 249
Quote:
Not really true. Look at Motorola Atrix. Google worked very closely with Motorola to get the tablet the newest OS possible and it has become a real competitor to iPad. I do not believe it will sell as many as iPad, but it is a good alternative for the users who want their own experience and not Steve's.

What about Atrix?

It's using the same Android 2.2 that every manufacturer's starting to use. Google didn't "work" with Motorola and put out Android 2.2 as far as I know. Or, did you mean the tablet Xoom? Even so, just google reviews for Xoom. So far, the reviews sum up that the tablet itself is excellent but the Honeycomb still feels like a beta. LG, Samsung, and Acer are already lining up for Honeycomb OS and who know how many will follow. It's just a matter of time the OS gets just as fragmented as their smartphone OS. I have much more faith in HP and what they're doing with Touchpad. 

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #73 of 249
Mar 5, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #74 of 249

Quote:
What about Atrix?

It's using the same Android 2.2 that every manufacturer's starting to use. Google didn't "work" with Motorola and put out Android 2.2 as far as I know. Or, did you mean the tablet Xoom? Even so, just google reviews for Xoom. So far, the reviews sum up that the tablet itself is excellent but the Honeycomb still feels like a beta. LG, Samsung, and Acer are already lining up for Honeycomb OS and who know how many will follow. It's just a matter of time the OS gets just as fragmented as their smartphone OS. I have much more faith in HP and what they're doing with Touchpad. 

I was looking at some threads about the Atrix on another forum and of course by mistake put the Atrix in there. I meant Xoom of course with Android Honeycomb that Google prepared for Motorola. Honeycomb feels like a beta because it is still very new - it was redesigned from 2.2-3 because it needed support fro tablets. It will be getting better the same as with previous version of Android. Google is pretty good at updating their OSes.

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #75 of 249

Unfortunately because of the world we live in, this was just a matter of time.  The sad thing is people are starting to do their banking and take pictures of their checks for deposit.  This malware issue is going to really take off this year.   There isn't a lot of protection out there yet.
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back