iPad 2 first impressions. Will you be getting one ?
Mar 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #91 of 249
mac has microsoft office.... 

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #92 of 249

Quote:
Ipad 2.... waste of time.... kinda like the iphone 3g.

Make a real update.

If you need videoconferencing for any reason the iPad 2 is a HUGE update.

As far as market share goes;
Apple and RIM each have more than twice that of any other smartphone maker:

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #94 of 249
God, who cares which OS sells the most? Is this going to turn into a Windows is best because every idiot has it thread? Obviously, Apple have done something right to garner such a following - as a single manufacturer, they have stormed the market. If they marketed iOS to other companies, I'd run away. I don't care about market share unless it is so small that there are no developers making apps. As it is, iOS rocks and will continue to do so.

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #95 of 249
Well, Android is on every nearly every carrier and can be had at bargain basement prices ( buy one, get one free!) on many different devices. Apple has filled the carrier gap by selling the iPod Touch, which many people buy because they can't use AT&T. As we have seen with the "record sells" on Verizon, people want iOS phones when they are made on a carrier they can use.

If Apple cared about market share on iOS phones, they could have released it on every carrier, throw in some buy one get one free deals, and let anyone sell their operating system. It is not how Apple works which is why their brand is so respected/valuable.

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #96 of 249

Quote:
God, who cares which OS sells the most? Is this going to turn into a Windows is best because every idiot has it thread? Obviously, Apple have done something right to garner such a following - as a single manufacturer, they have stormed the market. If they marketed iOS to other companies, I'd run away. I don't care about market share unless it is so small that there are no developers making apps. As it is, iOS rocks and will continue to do so.

isheep speaks..... refusing to use an OS because its not exclusive anymore.....typical.

And that graph is a complete joke....sample size of 15k....any idea how many people own smart phones?  and thats only for people who are reported with postpaid contracts.  and once again.... he said Android os....not HTC, HP or a company he said android OS won the battle.... which is already 2% more than iOS and with it being a lot younger might i add.  

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #97 of 249

Quote:
God, who cares which OS sells the most? Is this going to turn into a Windows is best because every idiot has it thread?

If you read the thread I think you have your answer.  The question is whether or not Android is a real threat or alternative to iOS.  The current figures say absolutely.  So the question is why?  That's an answer that both sides should find informative.  If people want to just read the most recent posts and inject their own bias out of some personal  frustration so be it.  No need to turn this into every other Apple versus thread, enjoy.  I can see the smoke before the fire, I'm out.  

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #98 of 249
Android is older than iOS, but that doesn't matter. Calling a person a sheep because they use a company... is bah bah stupid, really. And, as illustrated in this same thread, the same vehement opposition that anti-sheep attack Apple with, is as (for lack of a better term), sheepish. 

As I said, market share doesn't matter by itself. As I said, I don't want the lowest common denominator. I don't understand, either, why people who on these forums bash Apple for being soo big, cuddle with even larger collection systems: Android (will be runaway larger soon), Windows (no comparison), and still pretend to independent, and unique. 

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #99 of 249
@TekeRugburn I think you need to get out more, or atleast try to be a bit more contributing? Stop sitting in the computer e-thuggin it out on why ____ is better than _____ and blah blah, talking about isheeps and blah blah. Whats the point? Apple users are going to use apple until they feel they want to make the switch to android os. You have absolutely no control over the decision that others make, and have absolutely no right to bash them for that. Futhermore, bashing iOS and apple products won't really help win them over to Android OS. Imo it will make them even more apologetic towards Jobs and Apple. You should try a different approach, ofcourse, assuming that's what you intend: converting people from iOS to AOS. If not, and you're just here to troll in attempt to alleviate your control issues in real life, continue; however, it will get you nowhere and won't solve any of your psychological and/or social problems. ^.^

P.S. I'm not a fan of apple products nor iOS but I find iPad more appealing than the Galaxy tablet (I'm a Samsung fan btw... cuz I'm Korean...) The only reason I'm down for iPad 2 is cuz I have yet to purchase the iPad, but now the 2nd version comes out with white!!! and a cute cover :p muahahah

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #101 of 249

Quote:
Admittedly, I did take the bait. And, having read the thread, I still reacted. Apologies.

You're still everyone's favorite hedgehog.  
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #102 of 249
shigzeo: We love you muchly, sir. Your contributions here and on TouchMyApps are valued by more than a few of us (esp. stuff like your review of the W4 so soon after it was released).

Anaxilus: I concede that I don't understand how Windows came to be so widely adopted initially, but I was responding to TekeRugburn's post by pointing out the current situation. What I'm saying is, ignoring why Windows became the mainstream OS and Office the mainstream software for businesses and institutions alike, the fact that Microsoft's products are popular is a poor indicator of how good the products are. Their popularity basically indicates their popularity, and if they're going to be replaced it's hard because they're entrenched in many places already. That's all I'm saying.

TekeRugburn: Do you realise that it seems like you're trolling? If someone finds a particular Apple product good enough for their purposes, it doesn't make him/her a blind loyalist to Apple. You yourself are a good example, are you not? You admit to owning and using an iPhone and 2 iPods, but this doesn't make you an "iSheep". Don't do other people a disservice by assuming too much from a few statements on a single thread. 
And no, I'm not assuming you are trolling. If you're unaware of how you come across, I'm pointing it out to you so know, and hopefully not unintentionally bait folks.

Mar 6, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #103 of 249
Obviously the Android OS has made incredible gains recently, but if Apple and RIM were to license out their technology to other manufacturers it might be a different story. For now the herd is following the Android OS, led by 18 - 24 year olds. For myself, I would rather be in a controlled OS/exclusive environment, because it offers the best user experience with the least amount of hassle.

If you want to up the risk/freedom factor, there is always the jailbreak strategy, as well as the Android OS. But I prefer the rock-solid reliability of a closed, exclusive integrated hardware/software solution to the uncertainty of the jailbreak/Android experience. It's not a hobby to me; it's just a device that I want to work properly as designed, meaning no worries, it "just works".

Edit: I not saying that one kind of user experience is better than the other, just that they are different and what I prefer for my own.

Mar 6, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #104 of 249
Mar 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #105 of 249

Quote:

agreed 100%...if devs support the platform with great apps, its a win. Android is great, but being fragmented with so many different devices, iOS always gets the new apps first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back