iPad 2 first impressions. Will you be getting one ?
Mar 7, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #121 of 249
I also have the Archos 101 and between the two, I prefer the Ipad for websurfing. Plus the screen on the Archos 101 isn't as good as the Ipad. Although it can play flash, I think the Android OS still is too crude for tablets.

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #123 of 249
Mar 7, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #124 of 249

Quote:

Wrong again; no iPhone 2, no iPhone 2G:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone#Models

Just because it was named (by Apple) the iPhone 3G' doesn't mean it wasn't the iPhone 2...as in 2nd generation.  We are well aware of the nomenclature, but it is simpler to call it the iPhone2 because it seems clear they have reverted to this naming pattern with the iPhone4.

As I stated earlier, the iPhone2 (or iPhone 3G for the naming police) was not a big enough leap forward to get me to upgrade, hence I stayed with the iPhone1 (also not the real name, but easier in conversation) until the 3Gs came out.  Meanwhile, the iPhone4 was a much bigger leap forward and so I did not skip that generation.  I feel the same way about the iPad2 as I did about the iPhone2...incremental boost, not worth the hassle of selling and 'upgrading'.  I'll wait and see what they have in store for iPad3

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #125 of 249
went to ebay, found the original iPad with 3g two months old with full warranty for upper 300 bux and free shipping.  Bought it and on to better things.

DOn't need the camera or the other "enhancements" of the new one and couldn't see spending that kinda money on one.  Original iPad with 3g capabilities is all I need

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #126 of 249

Quote:

Wrong again; no iPhone 2, no iPhone 2G:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone#Models

Hence why I said Iphone was "dubbed" not named.  For instance, one would say "PS3 fat" to let people know you're talking about the fatter PS3.... when some one says yeah i got an iphone..... people don't know which one ur talking about.... all of them are iphones.  or how people say LED tv's.... instead of saying I got a LCD tv with LED lighting

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #127 of 249
Sold my one year old ipad 1 16gb wifi for 400.00 so yea I will be getting the ipad 2 it's a no brainer. Use the ipad for 9.00 a month and get a new one every year.

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #128 of 249
The naming police lol. Okay, if you mean 2nd gen iPhone, it would be easy enough to call it that. Consider yourselves cited; just trying to avoid disinformation regarding the model names. You're welcome
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #129 of 249

Quote:
The naming police lol. Okay, if you mean 2nd gen iPhone, it would be easy enough to call it that. Consider yourselves cited; just trying to avoid disinformation regarding the model names. You're welcome
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #130 of 249
So I should type '2nd generation iPhone' rather than 'iPhone2' why? Think of all the wasted bytes! There are children in 3rd word countries (pun intended) starving for those bytes! Reduce, reuse, recycle!

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #132 of 249
Does anyone know any awesome apps that use GPS other than navigation apps? I wonder if it's worth the extra money to get the 3G version since I won't be using the 3G service. All I want is the GPS. 

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #133 of 249

Quote:
Does anyone know any awesome apps that use GPS other than navigation apps? I wonder if it's worth the extra money to get the 3G version since I won't be using the 3G service. All I want is the GPS. 

Um, there are apps that help locate eateries nearby. In my country, I also use apps (on my phone) to check when the next bus is coming--those apps rely on GPS to pinpoint which bus stop I'm at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back