iPad 2 first impressions. Will you be getting one ?
Mar 5, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #76 of 249

There inlies the genius of what Apple is doing.  They first took the Ipod touch and made it into a phone.  Now you have the choice of your portable either to make calls or not to make calls.  Now they have taken the ipod touch/phone and turned it into a tablet.  They both have nearly the same functionality except one is specifically for on the go and the other is for when you become stationary.  Lots of people have little 7" portable tvs that they take with them when they want to see something big, like a big game or something.  But they won't us that 7" tv once they arrive back home and they can turn on that 50" inch tv.  It's very savvy to cover all your bases. 

I used to think the Ipad was overpriced, even though I have  one, until the competition started coming out with all theirs. 
Quote:

That argument is really getting old at this point. Anyone who's spent a considerable amount of time with an ipad will tell you that's just not the case. The user experience is totally different. Try making a full size track with any synthesizer apps, or drawing, or taking notes on any itouch or smart phones. It's just not even comparable. It's like saying "why own a 50" tv when you can watch the same stuff on a 30" tv." 

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #77 of 249

Quote:
Unfortunately because of the world we live in, this was just a matter of time.  The sad thing is people are starting to do their banking and take pictures of their checks for deposit.  This malware issue is going to really take off this year.   There isn't a lot of protection out there yet.

Quote:

I still prefer an open platform with a lot of possibilities than a closed one with none.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #79 of 249

I still prefer an open platform with a lot of possibilities than a closed one with none.

Many people jailbreak their iOS devices to get more control. I had my iPad jb for quite a while because I wanted multitasking while I was waiting for the newest iOS to come out with those features. It was as easy as going to a website and loading a PDF file. Of course, Apple fixed that security loophole, but there are still other ways to jb for those who want to.

Personally, the iPad does what I need since the new OS, so I won't be jb it again. However, the option is still there.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #80 of 249
Jumping on the iPad 2 like a fly on crap. Well when it finally gets released in the UK...25th I believe?

I left it too late with the iPad and iPhone 3 to buy them, so I waited, got the iPhone 4 (sold it now) and I've done the same with the iPad - All this rumour about the iPad 3, It's worth waiting if you really want to believe the hype but the way I look at it is, no-one would buy anything electronical and revolutionary ever if we were always waiting around for the biggest and best device, I think for the same price as the old iPad, the iPad 2 is definitely bang for your buck amazing - A lot of people always state that they're over priced, but if we think back to 10-15 years ago, we were paying an absolute bomb for phones without colour screen, 128mb laptops, 2gb mp3 players etc.
Now we're getting something that literally does everything you could want it to do and we still moan 'But there's no SD slot!!!' - I'm not an Apple fanboy, but I do believe you get what you pay for, and I'll fully support the iPad 2
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #81 of 249
Mar 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #82 of 249

Android is not broken, it's still evolving rapidly and that puts it into a pseudo-beta state. Also, you have hardware companies like Samsung that want you to change phones like socks and refuse to support/update their devices properly to force you to. Given all that, it's still a lot better than I'd expect.

3.0 is the first Android tablet version, so the fight on the tablet market hasn't even begun. I don't need to tell you Android already won the phone battle.

Quote:

I just don't see that happening in any foreseeable future. The reason why Android feels broken is because they are not working with device manufacturers to ensure the solidity of the OS. Google just develops the OS and throws it at the manufacturers to figure out the implementation part. What Google should've done in the beginning was to have just partner with a few companies and stick with them and also develop the OS for the phones, not the other way around. This is what Windows phone 7 got right and I was really impressed at how solid the OS felt. Sure, the Android has come a long way but it still have a long way to go. (just read what's happening with the Android market place) And, frankly, I think it's past the point of maturity and that the Android will always stay this way unless Google changes their way of developing the OS.

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #83 of 249

Quote:
Jumping on the iPad 2 like a fly on crap. Well when it finally gets released in the UK...25th I believe?

I left it too late with the iPad and iPhone 3 to buy them, so I waited, got the iPhone 4 (sold it now) and I've done the same with the iPad - All this rumour about the iPad 3, It's worth waiting if you really want to believe the hype but the way I look at it is, no-one would buy anything electronical and revolutionary ever if we were always waiting around for the biggest and best device, I think for the same price as the old iPad, the iPad 2 is definitely bang for your buck amazing - A lot of people always state that they're over priced, but if we think back to 10-15 years ago, we were paying an absolute bomb for phones without colour screen, 128mb laptops, 2gb mp3 players etc.
Now we're getting something that literally does everything you could want it to do and we still moan 'But there's no SD slot!!!' - I'm not an Apple fanboy, but I do believe you get what you pay for, and I'll fully support the iPad 2
biggrin.gif

becauses thats exactly what it is.....crap.  couldn't have said it better myself.  Revolutionary?  i doubt you can call the ipad 2 revolutionary.

Bang for buck amazing?  because its the same price as the last ipad?  then couldn't you say that about ALL electronics?  For example- Laptop X-1 was $1000 dollars last year.  This year the newer vesion
Laptop x-2 is 1000 dollars with double the ram and slightly lighter.  So now its Bang for your buck amazing!

And apparently it doesn't do everything we want since it doesn't support flash and doesn't have a SD slot....hahaha.  

Definately the typical apple fanboy aka isheep mentality.

Mar 5, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #85 of 249

Quote:
I don't need to tell you Android already won the phone battle.

Lol, which Android phone is outselling the iPhone?

You must mean all three dozen or so combined, I mean diluted.

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #88 of 249

Quote:
Yup never really understood the huge hate towards Apple tbh.

I actually own 2 ipods and had an Iphone 4.  Nothing wrong with apple except that isheep will buy anything Steve Job's put in a presentation.  The iphone 4 was a REAL update from the Iphone 2 and worked really well.  Just goes to show that a great hype man aka Jobs can sell anything to anyone...aka iphone 3g and 3gs.

Ipad .... good first tablet....kinda like the 2g iphone.

Ipad 2.... waste of time.... kinda like the iphone 3g.

Make a real update.

Quote:

Lol, which Android phone is outselling the iPhone?

You must mean all three dozen or so combined, I mean diluted.

Notice how he said phone battle...... not that Nexus S, or Droid X is winning the phone battle?

Exactly why Droid won....multiple phones with variations of the droid os.  Exactly like Mac OSX and Windows.  HP, Acer, ASUS and Dell use windows with little variations by each company.  That's why about 95% of the world uses windows.

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #89 of 249
Sorry but as I see it, majority of the world uses Windows instead of other OS because of inertia. Windows is the incumbent system, and with MS Office being the de facto standard for work documents, it's pretty hard to dethrone the system. Which doesn't mean it's a terrible system, it's just that the analysis needs to consider factors beyond the "strength" of a piece of software.

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #90 of 249

Quote:
Sorry but as I see it, majority of the world uses Windows instead of other OS because of inertia. Windows is the incumbent system, and with MS Office being the de facto standard for work documents, it's pretty hard to dethrone the system. Which doesn't mean it's a terrible system, it's just that the analysis needs to consider factors beyond the "strength" of a piece of software.

This isn't correct.  How did windows get inertia in the first place?  It was open, not closed.  Yes Android has surpassed iOS marketshare for handsets, so what if there's a billion manufacturers.  You can't deny the speed and success of Android.  Many of whom are former iOS users.  Tbh, it's a bad sign for Apple in a general sense and Google has no plans to be as static and monolithic as MS.  Apple does have its ace in the hole, the App store.  If they lose that grip, heh.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back