ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK
Dec 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #319 of 532
I still have some problems configuring E17 with my iPhone 5 iOs7. I tried including a unpowered hub usb between ligthning to camera kit and Fiio E17 but it still don't work. Does anyone have the same configuration running on his device? How can I do?

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #320 of 532
In all the info I have read, the only other item is to bring the volume down 2/3rds on the iPhone and E17 to get it to work (too much vol results in over power usage). That and using an app that supports hd music like capriccio (or streaming over the network like isub). Also turning off the USB charge on the E17. Will be getting my E17 next week and will be dabbling to get it to work as well. UPDATE: E17 arrived and I get the "too much power" message. Time for me to take my gadgets (iphone, CCK, E17) to the local computer store to try multiple different passive USB hubs and see which one works.

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #321 of 532
I think I went thru entire thread before asking. Apologies if this was answered.
Q: anyone know where I could order a custom cable to incorporate the 30pin CCK and a short USB A-B cable all in one? Be willing to pay fair cost.
This would be to link my iPhone4S and Herus DAC
Thx

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #322 of 532
Hi there, just jailbroken my iPhone 4S in the hope of using cameraconnect but see it only works on ios5/6. After reading your post I have tried the cck but it does not work for me. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Regards Michael

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #323 of 532
iPhone 4S works for me, but I'm on iOS 7. Try that. Also it only works to my portable DAC. Not to my receiver or Oppo USB input. Regular music player and Onkyo HF player both work thru CCK, for me. Also, cheap Ziotek shorty USB A-B from Amazon to DAC didn't work reliably (pops n ticks) but Audioquest cable does. Hope this helps

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #324 of 532
OK, so I got iPhone (iOS 7) -> cck -> Targus 4 port USB hub from target -> e17 to work.  Only thing I am not seeing is the HD output... wondering what apps people are using to play their music to get 24bit to show/display on their devices?  Source is good (music from hdtracks and revalidated as coming up as 24/96 via PC playback to e17) so wondering if it is the app I am using....

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #326 of 532
I use FLAC Player (Free IOS App) via lightning CCK and 0.5m Moon Audio Blue Dragon USB cable into HRT MicroStreamer. Works with my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 for 24/96, 24/48 and standard 16/44.1 music. Unfortunately MS won't accept 88.2 as I just get clicking throughout the music.

I believe The Onkyo App would downstream 88.2 music to a usable format (I assume 24/48).....I'm just tight though and won't pay for the HD addition.

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #327 of 532
As soon as I bought Random Access Memories in 88.2 I thought it would be a great demo album, so I bought the $10 Onkyo add-in. (And finally, Pure Music) so thanks Santa! Seriously I dunno if 88.2 in 88.2 or transcoded to 96 really makes much difference, maybe 10%?

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #328 of 532
Yep, it was the app. Ended up paying for the flac player as it supports SFTP to transfer files, otherwise the onkyo one looked solid.

Finally got the right info for 24/96 on the E17. Now the only piece to solve is a periodic popping noise on playback. Is it just a reset issue or a cable problem? Once that is figured out I am golden!!!

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #329 of 532
update :
Matrix mini portable was work with CCK + iPhone 4S. so the setup is :
iPhone 4S + CCK + USB Male Type A to Mini USB Male Type B + Matrix Mini Portable

and i try little bit experiment, i was try with this

so the setup is :
iPhone 4S + CCK + USB Male Type A to USB Male Type A and USB Female Type A + Powerbank (5V, 1.2 A) + USB Male Type A to Mini USB Male Type B + Matrix Mini Portable
it's work even the matrix in Charging mode
and the volume in music app was fix, so i turn op volume on matrix.

but i was Trying connect to another DAC, so the setup is :
iPhone 4S + CCK + USB Male Type A to USB Male Type A and USB Female Type A + Powerbank (5V, 1.2 A) + USB Male Type A to Micro USB Male Type B / USB Male Type A to Mini USB Male Type B + uDAC-3 / HRT HeadStreamer.
it can't work, the notification was "This NuForce uDAC-3 / This HRT HeadStreamer requires too much power"
what's wrong with that? do i need higher powerbank (2A) to turn on that dac device?

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #330 of 532
  update :
Matrix mini portable was work with CCK + iPhone 4S. so the setup is :
iPhone 4S + CCK + USB Male Type A to Mini USB Male Type B + Matrix Mini Portable

and i try little bit experiment, i was try with this

so the setup is :
iPhone 4S + CCK + USB Male Type A to USB Male Type A and USB Female Type A + Powerbank (5V, 1.2 A) + USB Male Type A to Mini USB Male Type B + Matrix Mini Portable
it's work even the matrix in Charging mode
and the volume in music app was fix, so i turn op volume on matrix.

but i was Trying connect to another DAC, so the setup is :
iPhone 4S + CCK + USB Male Type A to USB Male Type A and USB Female Type A + Powerbank (5V, 1.2 A) + USB Male Type A to Micro USB Male Type B / USB Male Type A to Mini USB Male Type B + uDAC-3 / HRT HeadStreamer.
it can't work, the notification was "This NuForce uDAC-3 / This HRT HeadStreamer requires too much power"
what's wrong with that? do i need higher powerbank (2A) to turn on that dac device?

HRT has written custom firmware for certain products (the microStreamer) to lower its power draw to make it iDevice compatible.  You might check with HRT to see if they have done this for the HeadStreamer -- it is probably not likely but worth a shot.  I have tested the iPhone 4/iOS7 + CCK +  USB Male Type A to Mini USB Male Type B + HRT microStreamer and it works for 48k sampling rates and lower.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back