Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Dec 21, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #61 of 659
I think I need OPA627AP then))
Where can I buy these op-amps? Should I buy them from VentureCraft in case they are specific like some opamps for Vantam?

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #62 of 659
  I think I need OPA627AP then))
Where can I buy these op-amps? Should I buy them from VentureCraft in case they are specific like some opamps for Vantam?

No.  Currently, the OPA627AP, LME49860NA (the one SDT uses), MUSES01, and MUSES02 are all in stock at Mouser.com with no minimum unit requirement.  They are out of 8820 and 8920.

p.s. I am holding off from buying until my Valoq actually ship.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #63 of 659
Welcome Yamada, I truly thank you for your twitter post, welcome again sir :)

Can you please tells us more about the discrete LPF, where did you buy one?

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #64 of 659
Remember, there are A LOT of fake MUSES out there, so get them from Mouser or DigiKey whenever possible.  I got my current set of 01 and 02 from AudioTrak.net (at almost double the current price) before only because both Mouser and DigiKey have minimum unit requirement (like 2000 I think.)

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #65 of 659
  Remember, there are A LOT of fake MUSES out there, so get them from Mouser or DigiKey whenever possible.  I got my current set of 01 and 02 from AudioTrak.net (at almost double the current price) before only because both Mouser and DigiKey have minimum unit requirement (like 2000 I think.)

VC actually sale them too.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #69 of 659
Guys the unit arrived, hopefully I get a chance to test it this long weekend. The pain of not having time to test a unit you have wanted for long is unbearable but it is here. 

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #70 of 659
I gigs internal memory is very low at this level.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #71 of 659
Dec 22, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #72 of 659
Playing with one now. Immediately jammed in a 200Gb microSD - once and for all solution - and who cares about internal memory XD

But as of the latest firmware it only accepts FAT format cards so be prepared.

The real thing actually looks and feels much better than in pictures. And there sure is some sort of "wow" factor in the sound (especially when the upsampling DSD mode is turned on and you play some familar music thru it) which is quite rare these days given most of our ears are already trained up by AKs and Plenues. The inner detailing and sound depth is amazing.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #73 of 659
Glad you living it, I demoed it and yes its smaller in real life.

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #74 of 659
  Playing with one now. Immediately jammed in a 200Gb microSD - once and for all solution - and who cares about internal memory XD

But as of the latest firmware it only accepts FAT format cards so be prepared.

The real thing actually looks and feels much better than in pictures. And there sure is some sort of "wow" factor in the sound (especially when the upsampling DSD mode is turned on and you play some familar music thru it) which is quite rare these days given most of our ears are already trained up by AKs and Plenues. The inner detailing and sound depth is amazing.

To me the sound is more inline with the AK products, in particular the AK240SS. The internal memory can be modified by cloning the OS from the 8GB microSD into a larger microSD card. Mr Yamada has successfully done this. 

The soundstage is very wide left and right (similar to HUGO). I am doing the listening based on 2.5mm TRRS out using my AKT8iE. DSD upsampling is much better than PCM upsampling. The sound becomes a lot more organic. 
I always wanted a HiFi sounding DAP to go along with Lotoo Paw Gold which is more reference oriented. 

What is more exciting the sound gets better, we just need to find the right opamp.

just a question do you know where I can get the latest firmware?

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #75 of 659
  To me the sound is more inline with the AK products, in particular the AK240SS. The internal memory can be modified by cloning the OS from the 8GB microSD into a larger microSD card. Mr Yamada has successfully done this. 

The soundstage is very wide left and right (similar to HUGO). I am doing the listening based on 2.5mm TRRS out using my AKT8iE. DSD upsampling is much better than PCM upsampling. The sound becomes a lot more organic. 
I always wanted a HiFi sounding DAP to go along with Lotoo Paw Gold which is more reference oriented. 

What is more exciting the sound gets better, we just need to find the right opamp.

just a question do you know where I can get the latest firmware?

I had been using the AK120ii which is quite reference oriented and colder sounding itself, different from the 240 and perhaps even more so from the 380. But overall the Cowons are much more fun sounding than the AK siblings, and the Valoq sits somewhere in between.

Love the DSD upsampling to bits - yes organic is the word.

The local distributor had the latest firmware installed. No links are available for downloads for now as far as I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back