Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Jan 6, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #196 of 659
  So I followed DrSheep's instructions and straighten out the LCD, though I broke off one of the tabs on the left side (the non-chrome strip side) but putting it back together it doesn't seem like there's any issues.  I also had a little scare yesterday when the unit won't turn off/turn on when copying over some files failed and the player crashed explorer and the force shutdown key combo didn't work, thankfully leaving it on overnight and all work day and letting the battery drain to zero reset the player.  So maybe the player software is more resilient than I thought but having to leave it sitting there for 10hrs+ and not knowing if that would reset the player wasn't exactly a pleasant experience.  

Also been experimenting with playlists as well.  Since the player is Linux based the playlists generated by the player uses Linux syntax ie you use / for folder structures, though I found out that using Windows syntax also works ie \ .  So copying over some m3u or m3u8 from a Windows machine is perfectly fine.  

The player still sounds fantastic though and I love the size and weight to bits but the software side is really a big sticking point. 

Glad you fixed the display, and yes, the UI sucks but the backend coding is VERY solid.

the new firmware is coming soon and I am looking forward to hear good news about an improved user experience after the firmware upgrade. I would like to buy a Valoq but the bad using experience and the white line issue stopped me.

This is why I hope the new firmware can address this issue, or else VC needs to switch vender for the LCD.

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #197 of 659
  Glad you fixed the display, and yes, the UI sucks but the backend coding is VERY solid.

This is why I hope the new firmware can address this issue, or else VC needs to switch vender for the LCD.

Totally agree with you , Valoq's UI is not friendly enough . Not sure if it's firmware related , A-Data micrdSD gave me more noise than Sandisk Extreme Pro did in Valoq ; I wish new firmware could let us get album cover easier .

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #198 of 659
Jan 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #200 of 659
It is a brilliant product that was marketed pre-maturely, possibly to make it to the year end shows and the festive shopping season. All the mentioned problems are not conincidences and are something that could be revealed by a simple but full-fledged testing procedure. It would do their product, and their brand in general, lots of good if at the time of the release the product is free from these obvious, glaring yet clearly avoidable flaws.

Same as my Calyx M experience. Seems to me only AK and Cowon could afford to hold their products back until it's perfected.

That said, I still can't find any fault with its sound, it is the most organic yet detailed and spacious sound I have ever heard in a portable system. I also find the overall design, the looks and the physical craftmanship highly commendable - both the 3.5 and 2.5 sockets are of the highest quality (VC's 2.5 socket works way better than the AK's) and bears a lo-profile yet highly sophisticated rose gold finish (not that apparent from photos).

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #201 of 659
Don't get fool, the gold bits are part of the top cover and not the ports.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #203 of 659
My Valoq got a weird problem : it sounds like electric current noise from 3.5mm output while I am listening to music and charging ; without charging , everything perfect . Is there anyone get the same problem ? Thanks to advise .

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #204 of 659
I will try tonight and report back. I don't normally charge using usb charger, I have made is habit to charge using a power bank.

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #206 of 659
I just RMA my Valoq back, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #208 of 659
Gents, what happened to your Valoq? Mine will be despatched next week so it makes me nervous a bit )

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back