Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #452 of 613
@Brooko: I think we're hearing these pretty much the same. There are a few songs I have where T10i sound pretty good, but for the most part they're too warm and bassy. The worst part for me is how slow the bass response is. Have you noticed that yet?

Yep there is quite a bit of mid-bass bloom.  I just posted this over in the other thread though ......

My ears are slowly accustomising themselves to the signature - and with the treble filter, they're actually not too bad - getting better the more I listen. Still bassy - but my ears are adjusting enough that I can start appreciating the mid-range, and it's not bad.  Actually the mids are pretty good.

So anyway - I broke out the RockJaw A-Gs and grabbed their treble filter.  It's the wrong sized thread, but you can get about a quarter turn without damaging anything.  It lengthens the nozzle quite a bit (because it's only just 'perched" there).  And ........ bass is suitably reduced, and highs attenuated (actually too much) - so at least the current sig could be fixed with tweaks to the filter system.

So after some more initial listening - I'd immediately suggest to RHA:
* ditch the current bass filter
* make the current reference filter the new bass filter
* make the current treble filter the new reference filter
* tune a new treble filter

This IEM definitely has some real potential.  Just in case anyone wonders - I'm using large bi-flanges.  Source is an iPhone 5S > Beyerdynamic A200p >T10i (treble filters).

More over next few days.

There is potential here.  The mid-range in particular is quite clear.

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #455 of 613

Yep there is quite a bit of mid-bass bloom.  I just posted this over in the other thread though ......

There is potential here.  The mid-range in particular is quite clear.

Clear, but so recessed that if you have even a few drum beats in the background it becomes too difficult to listen to unless at very high volumes. I actually had to strain to hear the subtle nuances of some mids on some songs they should be heard clearly with.

I suppose you could use an equalizer to bump up the mids a few dB, but still, not as good as if the headphones didn't recess the mids so much!

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #456 of 613
Clear, but so recessed that if you have even a few drum beats in the background it becomes too difficult to listen to unless at very high volumes. I actually had to strain to hear the subtle nuances of some mids on some songs they should be heard clearly with.

I suppose you could use an equalizer to bump up the mids a few dB, but still, not as good as if the headphones didn't recess the mids so much!

Nope - try reducing the mid-bass and sub-bass.  You don't need to bump the mids.  Reduce the bass and it becomes a totally different (and really enjoyable) IEM.

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #458 of 613
It seems like I am going to have to return mine. After listening with the reference filter for a week I decided to switch to the treble filter to find out what difference it will make. When I removed the ear tips I discovered that the filter was not screwed in straight, as you can see from the photo. It is tilted towards the left size, the filter is cross threaded. which makes it impossible to remove. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #461 of 613
  It seems like I am going to have to return mine. After listening with the reference filter for a week I decided to switch to the treble filter to find out what difference it will make. When I removed the ear tips I discovered that the filter was not screwed in straight, as you can see from the photo. It is tilted towards the left size, the filter is cross threaded. which makes it impossible to remove. 

Honestly the first time we've seen this on a T10i, very strange! Have you already fired the team a message? Would be good to get this back to see how it happened. Thanks.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #464 of 613
Loved the sound of the 750's (favourite earbuds to date), but had to return them because of cable problem. I was going to ask for a replacement, but was intrigued by these t10i's. They arrived today and compared to the 750's in my honest opinion they are a huge step back. Firstly just the weight of them is a problem, using the same tips I used with the 750's (stock double flange) they were slipping out my ears. Secondly I don't know what it was, but I had small bits of black residue on the top of the metal casing, and a slight dent. Thirdly the sound, only one way to put this "too much bass!". The 750's sound signature was perfect, these t10i's sound so muffled, it's ridiculous, it sounds like i've gone from an audiophile grade headphone to beats... I tried to see if the treble filter would improve the situation, the high's were much more prominent, but the mids were still masked and lots of sibilance was introduced. Definitely returning these and getting another pair of 750's, really had high hopes for these t10's. oh well...

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #465 of 613
Just picked these up from the Apple Store today (marketing got to me with all the different filters and such in a $200 IEM) without reading any reviews. First impression with Treble Filter was wow.... everything sounds so muffled and way too much bass. Will be returning these... 

Tested using MacBook Retina Flac files --> Fiio E09 --> RHA T10i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back