Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Nov 17, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #421 of 613
  How do these compare to the GR07 BE

I'm kinda new here, and my GR07 BE's are starting to give out. I'm not *too* big on bass, I listen to mostly instrumental music. So would this be an upgrade for me, compared to the GR07 BE?

stick with gr07 .. bass is too much for instrumental music (which could be any genre really but i'm assuming in this case you'd want something more articulate and balanced)

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #423 of 613
They are all that and Bag of chips :)

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #425 of 613
If you listen to music with fast bass, I'd really recommend auditioning these first.  Yes, you get gobs of bass and some really nice sounding sub-bass.  However...

With treble filters on, they're somewhat balanced and bass can keep up fairly well with fast bass.  

With reference filters, fast bass starts to really blur together and things start sounding congested.

With bass filters, there's no hope for keeping up with fast bass and you lose a lot of the high end.

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #426 of 613
  If you listen to music with fast bass, I'd really recommend auditioning these first.  Yes, you get gobs of bass and some really nice sounding sub-bass.  However...

With treble filters on, they're somewhat balanced and bass can keep up fairly well with fast bass.  

With reference filters, fast bass starts to really blur together and things start sounding congested.

With bass filters, there's no hope for keeping up with fast bass and you lose a lot of the high end.

I found the same thing. As I said in my review, they hindered a bit of kick-bass compression that really brings out the pump in dance music.

@warrior1975 you have the asg-2s mate! what's more to want?

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #427 of 613
I find it hinders kick drum a bit if the kick drum isn't too fast. When it's fast though, as in black/death metal blastbeats, it is really hindered. I'll post more impressions compared to MA750 and Altone200, but so far for overall sound quality with my preferences and musical tastes I'd recommend MA750 over T10i given the large price difference and increased clarity with MA750. However, with the right genres and sound signature preference the T10i can be quite enjoyable.

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #430 of 613
Oh, I agree that they're very nice looking and have improved ergonomics. However, the lush, warm sound signature isn't my gig. Add to that bass response that doesn't keep up with my musical tastes, and it's a no go for me. Sound with treble filter gets close to acceptable as far as increasing clarity but the bass response is still too slow for my music. Of course, you experience and tastes might differ :wink:.

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #435 of 613
No surprise that you'd have that reaction vs. GR07. A/B-ing vs. Altone200 makes T10i sound like its got lots of cotton wool between the IEM and my ears :cry:.

And how do those compare to the GR07BE's?

I might return these for the Altones if they truly sound that much better. 

Though I might just be getting used to it. I finally got these to fit better and they seem to sound a bit better, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back